Author Topic: What size is my fuel tank? And to know when its nearly empty?  (Read 1077 times)

David_B

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1st Gen
Hi guys I have a 2005 silver Honda jazz 1.4 manual petrol 5 seater.

I try to estimate how much fuel is in the car and when I need to refuel.

Is the orange light the only warning, or will it flash and turn red when you get even lower? And how much fuel is left when you get the warning?

What is the total fuel tank capacity?

I had estimated 40 litres of fuel was the maximum capacity and 5 litres was the warning. I thought maybe on the last bit you get a secondary emergency warning.

But today I ran really low and refuelled and got 40.7 litres on the refuel so wanted to confirm

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: What size is my fuel tank? And to know when its nearly empty?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 05:39:01 PM »
The right hand binnacle should have a fuel gauge at the top.
Let's be careful out there !

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 06:21:18 PM »
Google search quote 42 litres refuel capacity.

According to car owner's manual, the orange light comes on when the tank has less than 7.9 litres.

On my car, the orange light seems to come on when there is perhaps about 9+ litres left in the tank.

2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 09:19:15 PM »
Yes, the fuel tank holds 42 litres, more if you fill it up the neck. Once the yellow light comes on that's it until you run out. I have regularly done 40 miles after the light comes on but I never felt comfortable!

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 10:41:29 AM »
Yes, you're right! Its 42 litres

I actually experienced this yesterday, after getting the low fuel light ive driven 4miles and filled the tank fully and ive paid for 34.14l ( 34l). This told me the reserve should be holding around 8l.

Glad to know from Jocko it can ler yiu drive about 40 miles but of course we should keep in our mind to go not more than 25 miles yo be in safe side once the low fuel warning light comes up

Google search quote 42 litres refuel capacity.

According to car owner's manual, the orange light comes on when the tank has less than 7.9 litres.

On my car, the orange light seems to come on when there is perhaps about 9+ litres left in the tank.

Tags:

anything