Author Topic: Radio Issue  (Read 866 times)

DelBoy13

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 30MPG
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC Auto
Radio Issue
« on: April 15, 2022, 04:01:15 PM »
Hello everyone, my car its a Honda Jazz 1.3 Auto 2015 model.
It's got an annoying problem with the radio, I've bought the USB adapter and put all of my tunes on my micro USB flash drive and keep it connected but quite often I keep on having to press the TA button to stop the annoying traffic announcements, even though I never hear any traffic announcements (its just a radio station), its just turns my USB off and the radio comes on, so I have to press this TA button to get my tunes back.
I've tried holding this button in for 10 - 15 seconds, tried pressing it once straight after the TA kicks in, tried pressing it twice as soon as the TA kicks in. It's always on and can't seem to be able to deactivate this stupid TA crap, if anyone knows how I'd appreciate it, thinking of just pulling the aerial lead as I never listen to the radio.

Also I've seen some models have a paddle thing on the steering wheel to shift up and down thru the gears, my one don't but I'm wondering if it's possible to add this feature to mine by just replacing the steering wheel and maybe replace the gear lever and maybe have to connect it to a laptop or something, would this be possible?
Thanks for any advice 👍

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
Re: Radio Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 05:52:17 PM »
I believe that the auto transmission in later cars, such as yours, have a totally different system to the earlier ones, such as my 2010MY with the steering wheel paddles, so cannot be modified.

Your's will be a CVT automatic transmission whereas mine appears to be a manual gearbox fitted with a clutch actuation and gear select mechanism so is not a true auto (with torque converter).

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 06:23:08 PM »
Tune to a station that doesn't bring the TP light on then switch the TA button to make sure the TA light is out.

DelBoy13

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 12:54:09 AM »
I believe that the auto transmission in later cars, such as yours, have a totally different system to the earlier ones, such as my 2010MY with the steering wheel paddles, so cannot be modified.

Your's will be a CVT automatic transmission whereas mine appears to be a manual gearbox fitted with a clutch actuation and gear select mechanism so is not a true auto (with torque converter).

Yes mine is a CVT one, I wasn't sure if was possible, its just cool to be able to have the option to shift thru the gears, my previous car came with no remote central locking but changing the comfort control unit ccu, then I got the radio remote control, was hoping to do similar here and get the steering wheel paddles. Thank you.

DelBoy13

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 01:01:19 AM »
Tune to a station that doesn't bring the TP light on then switch the TA button to make sure the TA light is out.

Thanks, I'll try your trick of tuning to more of a basic station, I've tried to turn the TP light off but it just won't go out, I press the TP button and it just toggles the 2 digits that's next to the TP, I think it's TA, but the TP light stays permanently on, I've tried holding the TP button in for an extended time with no luck.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 04:49:13 AM »
Out of interest I looked up a 2010 Jazz manual and there seems to be both TA and Auto TP that both seem to affect radio traffic announcements.
Let's be careful out there !

DelBoy13

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 05:39:17 PM »
Out of interest I looked up a 2010 Jazz manual and there seems to be both TA and Auto TP that both seem to affect radio traffic announcements.

Wow, Thanks, I have the owners manual for my 2015 model and the auto TP is not in it, so decided to download the 2010 manual, it says with radio on, press and hold power button for 2 secs, as soon as hear a beeb press 4 to turn auto TP on/off, yh its worked, also button 6 to turn on 24 hour clock which I prefer, now I have a 24 hour clock which wasn't in my manual either, so thank you.

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 05:45:17 PM »

[/quote]

Yes mine is a CVT one, I wasn't sure if was possible, its just cool to be able to have the option to shift thru the gears, my previous car came with no remote central locking but changing the comfort control unit ccu, then I got the radio remote control, was hoping to do similar here and get the steering wheel paddles. Thank you.
[/quote]

Is it not possible to select gears on the CVT system using the floor selector?  On my car I can select gear (up or down) using either the floor mounted lever or the paddles?

Tags: