Author Topic: 2017; BT Module not found, where can I find it?  (Read 636 times)

Zeno

• Registered Member
2017; BT Module not found, where can I find it?
« on: March 24, 2022, 10:08:54 AM »
Hi all!

Hopefully some smart people can help me here :)

I have a Honda Jazz from 2017; Bought it last year and Bluetooth worked. Had some issues with pairing, and now since about 6 months I can no longer open the 'phone' menu on the radio, or succesfully start a bluetooth 'add device' pairing session (also opens phone menu, nothing happens).

I found the menu (press 1 and 6 and power), and see the following on the version section:

So to me this looks like BT cannot be found? (is it a seperate module, that maybe is broken or connector came loose?)

If I start BT Reflash I get this:

Obviously my phone can't find '000000000000' ;)

Is there a seperate BT/HPT module that I can hunt down somewhere in the dashboard?
Any other tips?

Thanks for your time!!

Zeno

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Re: 2017; BT Module not found, where can I find it?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 03:14:50 PM »
Surely someone can help me? <3

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 04:15:53 PM »
I cant really help either.  I have looked at the user manual for the 2017  Jazz and it mentions bluetooth as if its built in.

However  the radio is fairly old fashioned, with a  cd player, and a 3.5 mm jack plug.  Its possible Honda updated it for some countries and trim levels  by fitting an external bluetooth module . These can sometimes plug into the 3.5mm aux jack plug  or the USB  socket.  As there isnt one visible at the front it may be  connected at the rear of the radio unit. The display describes it as a module. 

Sorry if I am stating the obvious, or its no help.     If you cant remove the radio  you might be able to get a view of its rear  connections  by looking up from the floor,  or putting your arm up and seeing if you can take photos or a video with a mobile phone.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Zeno

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 10:45:19 PM »
Thank you lord voltermore, for taking the time. I'll see if I can find anything plugged in the back, hopefully it is somewhat reachable. :)

Front also has a seperate usb and 3.5mm jack near the cigarette plug (empty though)

Tags: