Author Topic: Jazz EX 2009 Drivers seat height  (Read 668 times)

bohma2000

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz i VTEC EX S-A
Jazz EX 2009 Drivers seat height
« on: March 22, 2022, 08:11:39 PM »
I recently bought the car and am having trouble finding a comfortable drivers seat height. I like to have the seat as high as possible but when it raise the height it also brings the seat nearer to the steering wheel and I end up in a very cramped position.  Is there any way to raise the drivers seat without at the same time moving it closed the the steering wheel?

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Jazz EX 2009 Drivers seat height
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 08:46:32 PM »
No there is not.  I take it that you have the seat back as far as it will go.  I also like to be positioned high, but I am only 5ft 8" tall.

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 01:59:51 PM »
I am presuming you have moved the steering wheel forward as far as possible?

Am also experimenting with seat position so it is useful to know the limitations on adjustment. 

Adjusted the seat yesterday for the first time since buying the car.  Seat was a bit too far forward and my left knee was almost touching the centre console. Also with the sun visor slightly lowered (fully down was obscuring forward view) I kept head-butting the visor when going over road humps too fast or sudden braking (due to lots of suicidal pedestrians and cyclists around our way since the introduction of the new Highway Code!).  I quite like the high seat position but felt it had dropped since adjustment - now I know why so will have to get used the lower position.

With our cars we are fortunate that although there is about three inches height difference between my Wife and myself, we do not need to adjust the seat position as it suits us both.  My height is in my legs, whereas my Wife's is in her body so I know when she has been out in one of the cars as the rear view mirror needs readjusting as I can only see my chest in it.

MiniNinjaRob

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Jazz EX 1.4
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 08:24:35 AM »
Do you need to have the seat so high due to being a smaller person? My wife is 4’11” and doesn’t have the seat all the way up. Not far off but not at the top.  Car has good visibility all round so having seat lower won’t affect it.

Tags: