Author Topic: Good offer.  (Read 1355 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Good offer.
« on: March 22, 2022, 03:48:39 PM »
I was in at my local dealer getting the passenger airbag replaced on a recall. They offered me £500 for my Jazz, Ten times what We Buy Any Car offered. I fancy the new HR-V. All the ones in the showroom had sold tickets on them so I am not the only one. They had a beautiful Honda e in white with a black roof. It looked gorgeous but at £37K you would need deep pockets.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Good offer.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 04:45:26 PM »
When you see a small car at that sort of price you need to take onboard how much of that price is the battery pack....... and therefore how much it would cost to replace.

I know Tesla and Merc EV battery packs are about £17k.

That replacement cost needs to come down before EV is all you can buy.
Let's be careful out there !

Geordielad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2018
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 08:27:15 AM »
I was in at my local dealer getting the passenger airbag replaced on a recall. They offered me £500 for my Jazz, Ten times what We Buy Any Car offered. I fancy the new HR-V. All the ones in the showroom had sold tickets on them so I am not the only one. They had a beautiful Honda e in white with a black roof. It looked gorgeous but at £37K you would need deep pockets.

Got £1500 for my 2006cvt last March as part ex against 2018 excvt which webuyanycar is offering over £2000 more for now. Saw old jazz on autotrader @ £2250.
They’re not being over generous Jocko😳

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 04:34:24 PM »
Not sure if you saw my reply to your comment in the Electric Cars thread Jocko. I talked about the cars I am interested in, including the HRV. Right now though I think the Suzukis offer better value and interest free finance.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 04:44:34 PM »
They’re not being over generous Jocko
I bought mine from a dealer 6 years ago for £1795. It has done over 149K miles (62K by me). We Buy Any Car offered me £50 for it before seeing it!
I wouldn't pay £500 for it.

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 04:48:48 PM »
Used car prices are all over the place at the minute - used Jazz's are going for strong money (even early 2004/2005 cars are fetching £1k+ on Autotrader). I'm keeping mine for as long as it will run, I've recently looked at replacing it (the dreaded rust is taking hold) but for my (very) tight budget I can't find anything that compares!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 04:56:04 PM »
Bodywise mine is not a good example. The ones for £1K are all way better looking than mine.
An interesting point. There is only one on Autotrader within 100 miles of me.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 09:41:30 PM »

As you can see there is a good deal of rust around the rear arches (the other side is not so bad). The bottom edge of the sill isn't rust, it is muck jammed into the underseal style paint the bottom of the sills are treated with.

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 06:16:04 AM »
In and around m25 are auto Jazz's year 2006 on and above have gone up by atleast £800 since the ULEZ been introduced.
I bought mine 1.5yrs ago  for £2500 in great condition with 82k miles with 2 previous owners and it now worth around £3300. When I plan to sell it, I will add another £200 for the cat dual layer guard which ive invested in to see if anyone would be interested. The car is now 87k

Skyline84

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2022, 04:30:50 PM »

As you can see there is a good deal of rust around the rear arches (the other side is not so bad). The bottom edge of the sill isn't rust, it is muck jammed into the underseal style paint the bottom of the sills are treated with.

Both of my rear wheel arches are looking similar. I have recently attacked them with some wet and dry sandpaper and some Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 in order to try and stem the rot. It has turned the rusted metal black - which looks better than the brown rust, but I may blow over the arch with some etch primer and colour-matched spray paint to tidy things up. Not that I'm convinced it will prevent further rust coming through.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2022, 09:19:08 PM »
Both of my rear wheel arches are looking similar.
Yes, but your car is two years older than mine!

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2022, 06:20:39 PM »
Tell you what is good at giving the sills a tidy up jocko.
If you get some black hammerite and just paint it on, if you look there should be a line where the original undersealant comes up to. Just paint it up the there and it will look the bees knees.

Well it will so long as you don't do a wonky line  :D

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2022, 10:30:58 PM »
The sills just need cleaning. That is muck you see. Not rust. It is the wheel arches that are a problem. I tidied them up once but the rust is back again.

Skyline84

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 04:19:25 PM »
Both of my rear wheel arches are looking similar.
Yes, but your car is two years older than mine!

That is true. Whenever I see another Mk1 Jazz I look at any rust-free rear arches with envious eyes.

Tags: