Author Topic: Brake pads front and rear  (Read 862 times)

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
Brake pads front and rear
« on: March 16, 2022, 08:44:56 AM »
I have a 2018 EX Navi which has discs front and rear.

At the MOT I have advisory both front and rear pads are worn and Honda want £280 fitted.

I have a trusty local garage who can fit for £210.

Just sounds pricey to me, I am in my 80's and the days of fitting stuff myself are long gone so have to use the trade.
Has anyone had this done and does the price sound okay?

Cheers, Harry.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Brake pads front and rear
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 11:05:46 AM »
If it is just pads, then pricing up on https://www.eurocarparts.com/brake-pads shows Bosch/Brembo are around £35 front and £25 rear, so £60 total (full set).
It depends a bit what else they find when doing them, but if straightforward I wouldn't expect more than 1hr in a workshop. I always end up spending more time because I think I may as well clean/lube/fiddle with stuff while I'm in there.

FordPrefect8

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2012 EX 1.4 Manual Red
Re: Brake pads front and rear
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 03:48:01 PM »
I have a 2018 EX Navi which has discs front and rear.

At the MOT I have advisory both front and rear pads are worn and Honda want £280 fitted.

I have a trusty local garage who can fit for £210.

Just sounds pricey to me, I am in my 80's and the days of fitting stuff myself are long gone so have to use the trade.
Has anyone had this done and does the price sound okay?

Cheers, Harry.

I got a set of amazing Ferodos off Amazon for £52 full car set. I did need to use impact wrench and breaker bar on seized bolts so tools or strength required but £210 sounds like they are charging 3/4 of that price for labour which is a bit much.

Tags:

anything