Author Topic: Service Plan does not include all service items.  (Read 781 times)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Service Plan does not include all service items.
« on: March 11, 2022, 03:50:42 PM »
After my 2016 Jazz had used up its five services on the original service plan, I was persuaded to take out a new two year plan.

This cost £511.60 and included one "Honda 12" service and one "Honda 12 plus". They seem to be the same except the "Honda 12" includes CVT oil and "Honda 12 plus" doesn't (??).

I assumed when purchasing this that it would include all the required service items for the mileage/age.

Silly me.

Seems I need to have aux belt, fuel filter and sparking plugs changed.  These are not included in the service plan and and were not mentioned when I booked car in for service. They were all raised on a phone call after they had collected the car.

So "service plan" basically equals "oil changes" (plus some small items).

PS seems the "Honda 12 Plus" has some other items included justifying the "plus".
As it happens I had the plugs changed a few months ago for misfiring, so that wasn't done. But aux belt and fuel filter came to nearly £300.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 03:56:13 PM by mikebore »

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: Service Plan does not include all service items.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 06:19:43 PM »
the 12+ only includes pollen and engine air filter and brake fluid change over the 12 basic oil change service

that is why i only do 12 service and dont bother with the 12+ and i will change the filters myself when needed as i do about 6000 miles per year

how many miles do you have on your car as the fuel filter should not need changing and it lives in the tank between the front seats under the handbrake as one big unit in the tank with the fuel pump and level float
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 06:22:59 PM by monkeydave »

mikebore

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 06:34:23 PM »
Thanks for clarifying.

Car has 68500 miles on the clock.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 06:38:54 PM »
£511 sounds pretty good to me.  I paid £690 for a contract for services 6 and 7, excluding plug change but including 2 MOT’s.

Tags: