Author Topic: Dirty rear & sides  (Read 3961 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Dirty rear & sides
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 02:13:05 PM »
...De-badged? embarrassed its a Jazz?  :-[ :o  ;D

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Dirty rear & sides
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 07:15:17 PM »
The hybrid label on a car around here just winds up other motorists , as does the Jazz badge unfortunately :(

I like the car and chose it over a Yaris hybrid but everyone I speak to thinks Jazz is for people 80+!

I debadged my Auris hybrid and actually also replaced the front and rear blue edged Toyota badges with plain ones from the non hybrid version. The Auris was covered in hybrid badges on the front wings and rear.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 07:17:19 PM by sportse »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 08:32:53 PM »
...and since nobody recognizes a Jazz (without badges) and nobody knows that the Jazz is only available as a hybrid, do you feel safer?

Do you live on planet earth, or...?  :o
If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Dirty rear & sides
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 09:09:48 PM »
Actually nobody does know what a Jazz is around here - I have never seen a mark 4 in the car parks I use! On the roads I have seen more Ferraris than Mk4 too. In 5 months and 8000 miles I’ve seen maybe 6 or 7 mark 4s in all that time.

MG sold more cars last year than Honda, without the Jazz badge no one has any idea what it is let alone that they are all hybrids.

Jazz is completely off peoples radar.

My brother owned a mark 2 jazz - he asked me what my car was.  He had no idea it was a jazz, so the general public hasn’t a clue what they are.

I got rid of my Auris due to catalytic converter theft which is out of control here - despite paying £500+ for a cat lock and tilt alarm, the thieves don’t care and it only delays them maybe a minute more.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 10:01:19 PM by sportse »

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 10:47:04 PM »
Actually nobody does know what a Jazz is around here - I have never seen a mark 4 in the car parks I use! On the roads I have seen more Ferraris than Mk4 too. In 5 months and 8000 miles I’ve seen maybe 6 or 7 mark 4s in all that time.

MG sold more cars last year than Honda, without the Jazz badge no one has any idea what it is let alone that they are all hybrids.

Jazz is completely off peoples radar.

My brother owned a mark 2 jazz - he asked me what my car was.  He had no idea it was a jazz, so the general public hasn’t a clue what they are.

I got rid of my Auris due to catalytic converter theft which is out of control here - despite paying £500+ for a cat lock and tilt alarm, the thieves don’t care and it only delays them maybe a minute more.

Where do you live? Seems a different planet from the rest of us!

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 10:50:09 PM »
Roll on Summer

...also available in aerosol and stick forms.  :D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2022, 01:09:20 PM »
The hybrid label on a car around here just winds up other motorists , as does the Jazz badge unfortunately :(

Yesterday I wondered if I would ever choose/buy a car (e.g. a Jazz Hybrid) and then remove all identifying marks after purchasing because I don't want to be seen in such a car... This morning after a strong coffee I had the answer to my own question:
NO, I would not buy such a car. I would buy something that the masses would accept.
But I bought a Jazz and leave all the badges in place. Not that I am exceptionally proud of the fact that I have chosen a reliable, spacious and economical car, but I am not ashamed of it either.
And that the hybrid label on a car, or the Jazz badge, could wind up other motorists (not experienced here yet) I see as their problem. I'm really not going to fix that for them by "mutilating" my Jazz!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2022, 02:02:45 PM »
Didn't debadging first come in as a way of disguising what particular model in a range you had? I thinking BMW here, I've seen a lot of debadged Beemers over the last few years.

I have noticed a bit of curiosity about my car. They see the "EV" bit and ask if I have to plug it in!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2022, 07:46:20 PM »
Didn't debadging first come in as a way of disguising what particular model in a range you had? I thinking BMW here, I've seen a lot of debadged Beemers over the last few years.

You're right! Those are the BMW owners who bought a 116i (eventually 118i). Without that 116i label, the neighbours might just think it could be a 120i, 125i or even a 128ti and not the "poor mans" 3 cilinder (!!!) 116...  :P
The same goes of course for the 2 Series, the 3 Series and so on.
But mark my words: the owners of that 125i or 128ti really don't drive around without that label. Probably not the one in a 120i either...

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2022, 10:21:41 PM »

You're right! Those are the BMW owners who bought a 116i (eventually 118i). Without that 116i label, the neighbours might just think it could be a 120i, 125i or even a 128ti and not the "poor mans" 3 cilinder (!!!) 116...  :P
The same goes of course for the 2 Series, the 3 Series and so on.
But mark my words: the owners of that 125i or 128ti really don't drive around without that label. Probably not the one in a 120i either...

My X1 was badged 1.8 but was actually a 1.5!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2022, 11:24:05 PM »
My X1 was badged 1.8 but was actually a 1.5!

That's what we call "rebadging"... That's almost the opposite of debadging. ;D
The question remains why you would stick 1.8 on the back of a 1.5.
Or do we already know the answer?

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 07:45:26 AM »
Looks best on a genuine £100,000+ AMG:

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2022, 12:50:54 PM »
Sense of humor is priceless!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2022, 01:22:38 PM »
Why debadge :

Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2022, 05:06:06 PM »
Having got fed up with constantly having to clear the rear window and side mirrors even after fairly short trips, I had a set of Honda mud guards fitted.

I’ve only had one damp trip so far, but didn’t have to wipe the rear window even once despite having the front wipers on.

The Jazz is the first car I’ve had where mud guards appear to be needed.

Tags:

anything