Author Topic: Can you help me please - Inside window problem  (Read 4080 times)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: Can you help me please - Inside window problem
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2022, 02:14:32 PM »
Unless you put a dehumidifier in the garage with you car it is likely to 'sweat' anyway, and encourage more corrosion than leaving it outside.

Sorry, forgot to mention that it's pretty well ventilated...
In the evening wet after rain in, next morning.... dry!

If garage is well ventilated what is to stop it getting as cold as the outside air ?

Garage is between 2 houses so the temp in there never gets as cold as outside even though the garage door and rear is ventilated. Plus I do have a descicant dehumidifier running that does suck out damp air.

Our spacious garage (6 by 4 meters) is located under an apartment block. The access to the garages has an (automatic) door and each garage has its own door. So quite shielded from the winter outside.
Only once in 15 years the water in the garage had to be shut off because the temperature in the garage approached 0°C. This was during extreme winter weather in January 2013 with night temperatures outside of -20°C and lower. During the day max. -6 or -7°C for a longer period. Normally, the temperature in the garage in winter remains around +7 to +10°C.
In addition, the building has a ventilation system, separate for the garages, effective and with gas detection.

The garage is almost ideal. Only one complaint: if you drive the car in dirty, it won't come out clean...
If nothing goes right, go left!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2022, 02:52:47 PM »
saloon model?
They are pretty much identical cars. Can't see how one can be described as a saloon?

Maybe the Crosstar clears more quickly because it is 3cm nearer to the sun?

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2022, 02:56:22 PM »

If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2022, 03:42:04 PM »
I've never had any problem like this with my Crosstar. I park it in the garage but always leave the driver's window open a couple of inches for ventilation and the windows are always clear when I leave, maybe it's an issue which only occurs on the saloon model? On occasions where it's been left outside and the windows are misted the climate system clears them in a minute or so (with a window open) and in extreme conditions the front screen heater makes short work of it.

With my Jazz, it's always parked outside - at the moment in sub zero temperatures.

Unfortunately air conditioning doesn't work when the outside temperature is below 3-5 degrees I believe, so you are left with just air coming out of the vents.

I was surprised how quickly the engine shut off with the climate control turned off - the coolant was nowhere near hot enough to even give heat to help melt the ice/demist the screen.

Perhaps the warm up cycle for the engine just looks at the temperature of the catalytic converter for emissions rather than for heating.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2022, 04:09:49 PM »
Fortunately when I leave I haven't got far to the main road and 30mph, lights and radio gets the engine going and it heats up in no time.

Under EV mode though no engine to heat the air will be a problem.
Let's be careful out there !

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2022, 04:18:47 PM »
Presumably a fully electric car has instant heat available.
Neil Ives

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2022, 04:39:53 PM »
Crosstar parked on drive in all weathers. No issues with clearing ice or mist. Engine on, rear screen heater button on, front screen button on, recirculate button on. Heater/fan goes up to full speed. Only takes a few minutes to totally clear screen and side windows.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2022, 04:42:42 PM »
saloon model?
They are pretty much identical cars. Can't see how one can be described as a saloon?

The interior is a slightly different design and materials so it could affect the moisture content in the cabin, agreed the electrics are the same, I was just commenting as I don't have the issue described

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2022, 04:44:55 PM »
That's correct, don't have to wait for an ICE to warm up, just like switching a fan heater on at home

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2022, 05:20:50 PM »

Yes.

For all the misgivings around EVs - poor charging infrastructure, range anxiety, high purchase cost - the ability to get instant heat is a blessing. On the Nissan Leaf (prob the same with others) you can get all the heating systems going before you get into the car so this windscreen fogging is a non issue. You can do this whilst your car is plugged in so using your house electricity.

I've seen this work - it's impressive.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2022, 07:53:42 AM »
Crosstar parked on drive in all weathers. No issues with clearing ice or mist. Engine on, rear screen heater button on, front screen button on, recirculate button on. Heater/fan goes up to full speed. Only takes a few minutes to totally clear screen and side windows.
This shouldn’t work according to the manuals of every car I’ve owned…

Except it works brilliantly in the Jazz! Many thanks.

I followed the above and had the clearest inside windscreen ever.

I noticed when moving off, I put the climate control into auto and it immediately turned off the blower. So looks like we need to manually control the system to get rid of inside mist.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2022, 08:22:22 AM »
I had a feeling manual intervention might be needed.
Let's be careful out there !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2022, 10:59:32 AM »

Yes.

For all the misgivings around EVs - poor charging infrastructure, range anxiety, high purchase cost - the ability to get instant heat is a blessing. On the Nissan Leaf (prob the same with others) you can get all the heating systems going before you get into the car so this windscreen fogging is a non issue. You can do this whilst your car is plugged in so using your house electricity.

Hardly a plus for EV seeing we do not get much really cold weather in UK, and considering what cold weather does to EV range..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Toptek

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2022, 12:41:31 PM »
I had a feeling manual intervention might be needed.

I stopped using the automatic mode on our Mk3 due to the lack of air flow until it was warmed up. Similarly, ours mists up more than our CRV did, I wonder if water is being trapped as someone has mentioned and this is being vaporised into the cabin.
Lastly, if I turned off the AC on the CRV, it would blow damp air in for a while, I found turning it off at a time I wasn't in a rush allowed enough time to vent it and it then behaved OK when not using AC.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2022, 06:18:43 PM »

Yes.

Hardly a plus for EV seeing we do not get much really cold weather in UK, and considering what cold weather does to EV range..

I think I made it clear that there are still many drawbacks - it's why I didn't get one - but the preheating ability is a genuine plus point.

Tags:

anything