Author Topic: Can you help me please - Inside window problem  (Read 4079 times)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: Can you help me please - Inside window problem
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2022, 07:57:16 PM »
There are too many stories of keyless cars having their remotes controls cloned, to steal cars when left on the drive.

That risk is probably pretty low with a Jazz...
If nothing goes right, go left!

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2022, 07:57:58 PM »
i have a window vacuum, which I use in the house to clean condensation from the inside of windows in the mornings (sometimes) and the bathroom window which can get steamed up.  I have recently used this on the inside of the car windows, early in the morning.  However, on a few occasions there has been ice on the inside of the windscreen.......

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2022, 08:07:35 PM »
There are too many stories of keyless cars having their remotes controls cloned, to steal cars when left on the drive.

No car thief would risk losing their credibility by stealing a Jazz,  I am more than happy to leave our cars on the drive, although a Civic is a more tempting target than a Jazz.  To be honest any condensation on the windscreen of our ( non-hybrid ) cars is gone in less than 30 seconds.   Unless you put a dehumidifier in the garage with you car it is likely to 'sweat' anyway, and encourage more corrosion than leaving it outside.  Anyway the only time our cars get cleaned is by mother natures free carwash...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:19:17 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2022, 08:26:31 PM »

No car thief would risk losing their credibility by stealing a Jazz,  I am more than happy to leave our cars on the drive, although a Civic is a more tempting target than a Jazz.  To be honest any condensation on the windscreen of our ( non-hybrid ) cars is gone in less than 30 seconds.   Unless you put a dehumidifier in the garage with you car it is likely to 'sweat' anyway, and encourage more corrosion than leaving it outside.  Anyway the only time our cars get cleaned is by mother natures free carwash...

I accept that that is probably OK with an old banger, but with £20k+ sitting the drive, its a different matter.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2022, 08:51:33 PM »
Unless you put a dehumidifier in the garage with you car it is likely to 'sweat' anyway, and encourage more corrosion than leaving it outside.

Sorry, forgot to mention that it's pretty well ventilated...
In the evening wet after rain in, next morning.... dry!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:26:55 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2022, 11:04:37 PM »
I believe the best protection is to park the car under a carport. It's well ventilated and keeps heavy rain off.
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2022, 04:50:58 AM »
My issue could be that my car is parked in a garage that is warmer than outside.

In any case, pressing the left side heater button to turn it off for about 5 minutes works well on cold damp mornings.
Let's be careful out there !

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2022, 08:29:07 AM »
Have I read somewhere that its the position the heater controls are in the night before which can effect how the car mists up in the morning

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2022, 08:36:39 AM »
Looks to be a design flaw unfortunately.

I was parked outside and the temperature was minus 2 when I started the car:

- first I tried switching off the climate control, but the engine shut down quite quickly. It meant there would be minimal heat when I was leaving.

- then I tried turning the climate control back on, but setting the air direction to the footwell instead of the screen. Unfortunately even in the footwell position there is air coming out of the windscreen vents… which misted up the inside of the previously clear windscreen!

I’ll have to stick with the microfibre cloth.

( I do have a karcher window vacuum that I use for inside the house on winter days, but it’s too fiddly to try and get the windscreen cleared. )

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2022, 09:12:04 AM »
I've never had any problem like this with my Crosstar. I park it in the garage but always leave the driver's window open a couple of inches for ventilation and the windows are always clear when I leave, maybe it's an issue which only occurs on the saloon model? On occasions where it's been left outside and the windows are misted the climate system clears them in a minute or so (with a window open) and in extreme conditions the front screen heater makes short work of it.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2022, 09:17:13 AM »
Have I read somewhere that its the position the heater controls are in the night before which can effect how the car mists up in the morning

Probably water trapped in the aircon system,  I routinely turn off the aircon for last few miles to clear moisture out of the evaporator radiator.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2022, 09:18:34 AM »
Unless you put a dehumidifier in the garage with you car it is likely to 'sweat' anyway, and encourage more corrosion than leaving it outside.

If garage is well ventilated what is to stop it getting as cold as the outside air ?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2022, 09:23:56 AM »
( I do have a karcher window vacuum that I use for inside the house on winter days, but it’s too fiddly to try and get the windscreen cleared. )

Water on inside of house windows  :o  You need one of these..... they  recover 'latent heat of evaporation' back from water vapour in the air, and actually add heat to the house,  they also keep walls and ceilings dry and improve the insulation properties, also dryer air heats up more quickly.   Keep bedclothes feeling nice and crisp as well,  not damps and chilly feeling.  Can I ask if you had retrofit cavity insulation put in, a few people I know did and their house was damp afterwards, but no reduction in energy bills

https://www.meaco.com/products/meacodry-dehumidifier-abc-range-20l
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:51:09 AM by culzean »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2022, 10:24:49 AM »

If garage is well ventilated what is to stop it getting as cold as the outside air ?

Garage is between 2 houses so the temp in there never gets as cold as outside even though the garage door and rear is ventilated. Plus I do have a descicant dehumidifier running that does suck out damp air.

I think the above is right that there is a design issue as it shouldn't blow cold damp outside air straight onto the screen before the engine has warmed up a bit which doesn't seem to take long.
Let's be careful out there !

Thingy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2022, 10:57:56 AM »
i Went out at 7:10 this morning, -1 degrees. Put power on, pressed front & rear demist & recirculate buttons. Got out to scrape the windscreen and there was already a clear patch at the bottom. It just needed a bit of scraping to help it along. Clear in a couple of minutes.

Tags: