Author Topic: Can you help me please - Inside window problem  (Read 4082 times)

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
Re: Can you help me please - Inside window problem
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 12:36:45 PM »
From time to time, Lidl sell an extendable wiper shaped like the base plate of an iron with a cloth stretched over it.
This is very handy for the deep widscreen if the demister button will not clear it

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 12:39:59 PM »
Bought one ages ago :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0017K69MA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still find turning off the heater for 5 minutes stops interior misting. For some strange reason it starts blowing air as soon as you power up. Hold your hand over the dash top vent, it surprised me albeit a modest trickle, it's enough.

This initial air is likely cold and damp and mists the inside screen quite effectively.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 12:44:33 PM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 01:11:03 PM »
Have you pressed the front screen  demist button? This Automatically  sets everything to the optimum setting  - heat, maximum fan, air conditioning  on (for dehumidifying) and the most suitable vents.  Its a bit noisier than normal,and maybe not the most fuel efficient setting  but it works for me. Better than fiddling around trying to find the best  settings individually.

Same works for me but I wipe the inside first with a microfibre cloth.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 01:45:50 PM »
Give the inside of your windscreen a clean with a good quality glass polish - Autoglym etc.
This will remove any dirt/contaminates that the damp air is condensing on.

Which reminds me I must do my car as it is shockingly dirty on the inside.  :'(

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 02:32:09 PM »
The real question is why don’t Honda offer a heated windscreen as an option? A heated windscreen not only clears any ice on the outside but rapidly clears any condensation on the inside. It’s not like it is new technology either, heated windscreens have been around for decades.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2022, 02:37:42 PM »
The inside of mine is squeaky clean but it still used to mist up on cold damp mornings if I didn't initially kill the airflow. That misting was so bad that I got a warning that the safety systems had turned off.

I don't use anything on mine except for a good scrubbing with a microfibre. I hate anything that leaves a residue.
Let's be careful out there !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2022, 02:45:41 PM »
From time to time, Lidl sell an extendable wiper shaped like the base plate of an iron with a cloth stretched over it.
This is very handy for the deep widscreen if the demister button will not clear it

With a telescopic handle,  Tesco and The Range sometimes have them as well - can reach the whole screen from drivers seat and they collapse down to fit in door pocket.

Halfords sell this one

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/sponges-brushes-and-buckets/halfords-long-reach-windscreen-cleaner-147052.html
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2022, 03:46:52 PM »
Glad to feel not alone with internal misting of the windscreen. Very frosty this morning and took a long time to get the ice off the exterior, but amazed at how much condensation there was inside the windscreen, most of it frozen. The front screen demist is powerful but the internal condensation is worrying for a new car. The last time I had that problem was with a ten year old Land Rover!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2022, 05:29:18 PM »
I'll try switching off the climate control when I'm defrosting the windows, as I have lots of early starts.

On several other cars I've had, there was no air at all through the system until the car engine had reached a certain temperature - maybe the Jazz problem is caused by it putting air on the screen when cold?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 05:34:57 PM »
I had a VW Golf with this problem but the Mk4 Jazz definitely seems also to have an issue. I'm fortunate in that I rarely have to go out early but I'd be seriously hacked off if I was getting up for work when the weather was cold. What's strange is the demist button seems to have a very slow effect. In other cars you could see the mist retreating as the air rises from the vents.

I've also noticed that the inside of the screen can be badly misted first thing but, as the temperature rises that interior misting also goes away.

Best argument yet for having a garage you can actually use for the car!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 06:02:20 PM »

Steady on now, that's crazy talk  ;)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 06:20:53 PM »

Garages are for motorbikes and other boys toys not suitable for in the lounge,  cars are plenty waterproof enough to stay outside....  Let's face it most modern garages are still designed for a 1960 size Mini.. or an original Fiat 500....
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:45:20 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2022, 06:54:31 PM »
I'll say it again: if you open the windows or doors, (not while you are moving natch!) the mist on the glass will clear faster.
Neil Ives

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2022, 07:06:01 PM »
Garages are for motorbikes and other boys toys not suitable for in the lounge,  cars are plenty waterproof enough to stay outside....  Let's face it most modern garages are still designed for a 1960 size Mini.. or an original Fiat 500....

:D

Hmmm... Our garage is spacious enough to store our Jazz, two bicycles, in winter the patio furniture, a large cupboard measuring 1.65 m by 60 cm, the (artificial) Christmas tree (48 weeks a year), and a lot of unnamed junk. Oh, there is also running water, cold and warm.
And then we can still walk around the Jazz without any problems and the doors and tailgate can also open normally.
So our Jazz is inside when it's not in use. Also safer... right?

And guess what... no windscreen problems... :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 07:08:45 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2022, 07:46:30 PM »
If you have a garage, then why not use it??
Many garages around our way are simply filled with 'Junk'
My Jazz is put in the garage every night, not just to keep it warm, but also for better security.
There are too many stories of keyless cars having their remotes controls cloned, to steal cars when left on the drive.
And of course it doesn't steam up!!!

Tags: