Author Topic: Waiting for my new Jazz.  (Read 1868 times)

marchbrown

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Waiting for my new Jazz.
« on: January 12, 2022, 01:25:41 PM »
I will be getting my sixth Honda Jazz automatic in the next few weeks ... 19 years of Honda Jazz so far ... The new one will be the 1.5 i-MMD EX Style ... When I got home from the dealers, I couldn't remember seeing the treble loudspeakers near the windscreen ... All my others have been there ... Are they still in the same place ... Did I just not notice them ... I realise that the base speakers are normally in the front doors so it's the "tweeters" that I am asking about.

I had the old hybrid version (car number 4) and am looking forward to three years of using one that is powered mostly by the electric motor drive ... I suppose that eventually the petrol engine will be replaced by a large battery to make it fully electric ... One step at a time for Honda.

I'm not certain whether the new car is to be registered in February or March ... The lease on the present car ends on March the first.

The only Honda problem that I have had so far was with car number three ... That was solved by flushing the automatic gearbox a few times under warranty ... I kept that car for nine years.

Stay Safe.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Waiting for my new Jazz.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 01:35:28 PM »
The MK4 has no tweeters.

All my previous Civics have had tweeters but I'm finding the sound to be just as good without.
Let's be careful out there !

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 01:46:41 PM »
Only Jazz Crosstar has an upgraded audio system with dash speaker and a boot mounted subwoofer
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:58:24 PM by Steve_M »

marchbrown

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 02:31:33 PM »
Thank you both for your prompt replies ... There are apparently four speakers and I just assumed that they would be the two base speakers in the door plus two tweeters at head level ... So, does it mean that there are two speakers in the front doors plus two in the rear doors ... If there are only two speakers in the front (in the doors), then the performance isn't going to be as good as with the older versions head-level tweeters ... With both front seats occupied the speakers are obstructed by the occupants ... With only the driver seat occupied it woundn't be quite as bad ... I will probably have to alter the tone controls to give a better audible performance for Classic fm and Radio 3 ... Time will tell ... Thanks again.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 03:05:14 PM »
I think for ClassicFM and Radio3 you'll probably need the Off button  ;D

I used to know a technician at BBC Manchester in the 70's and he said they had to fine tune the turntables for Radio 3 because some enthusiasts used to set their metronomes for some classical pieces and if the turntable wasn't accurate they would write in and complain about bad timing.

marchbrown

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 08:52:34 PM »
I guess I'm at a funny age for music ... On March 1st I will be 84 and don't really go for the hip-hop / pop music ... I have about 250 Classical CDs and about 200 Traditional Jazz CDs so am a bit set in my music choices.

I must put a few CDs onto a stick to play them in the new car when I have the time or inclination ... In the meantime I will probably just stick to Classic fm or Radio 3, though I do have Radio 2 on when my Wife is in with me ... As the saying goes "one mans meat (or music) is another mans poison"

Stay Safe.

Geordielad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2018
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 10:22:00 AM »
I guess I'm at a funny age for music ... On March 1st I will be 84 and don't really go for the hip-hop / pop music ... I have about 250 Classical CDs and about 200 Traditional Jazz CDs so am a bit set in my music choices.

I must put a few CDs onto a stick to play them in the new car when I have the time or inclination ... In the meantime I will probably just stick to Classic fm or Radio 3, though I do have Radio 2 on when my Wife is in with me ... As the saying goes "one mans meat (or music) is another mans poison"

Stay Safe.

I have about 40GB of Mp3s on a tiny USB drive plugged into the centre console.
My problem is trying to find a particular album using a very sensitive scroller and shaky fingers!  :o

marchbrown

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 11:09:00 AM »

Stay Safe.

I have about 40GB of Mp3s on a tiny USB drive plugged into the centre console.
My problem is trying to find a particular album using a very sensitive scroller and shaky fingers!  :o

I have just found a USB card reader with an 8gb Kingston card in it with 60 CDs already on it ... I don't know which CDs are on it so it will be a surprise to see what's actually on it ... Don't know if it will work so it will be real surprise ... Still don't know whether the car will come in February or March ... Shame the new car hasn't got a CD slot though ... It's easier to select a boxed CD than searching through a USB drive ... Still I suppose that's progress !!!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 11:24:11 AM »
...Are they one cd/album per folder? if so then you should be able to play by folder and switch between folders.
If they are just 60 CDs worth of tracks just dumped into root then they'll be harder to search through depending on your mp3 naming structure and tags!

marchbrown

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 08:24:47 PM »
...Are they one cd/album per folder? if so then you should be able to play by folder and switch between folders.
If they are just 60 CDs worth of tracks just dumped into root then they'll be harder to search through depending on your mp3 naming structure and tags!
I have a small Sansui DAB radio (DB-100) which also has a slot for a micro SD card and has a small screen 35mm by 17mm ... I can switch from DAB to MP3 then to the SD Card then Music then a list of CD album titles ... I can then get a list of all the tracks on the selected CD ... I am hoping that I can use the 8GB Kingston micro SD card containing the 60 CDs in a USB card reader in the new car ... As long as the new Jazz system will work in the same way as the Sansui player I should be OK ... When I go to pick the car up, I will get the salesman to show me how to do it.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 04:47:24 AM »
In my experience salesmen do not know the finer detail. They often just know and quote what's in the sales brochure. There are exceptions of course.

The best option IMO is to download the owners manual and read the detail in there.

marchbrown

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 10:01:17 AM »
In my experience salesmen do not know the finer detail. They often just know and quote what's in the sales brochure. There are exceptions of course.

The best option IMO is to download the owners manual and read the detail in there.
I have downloaded the owners manual and will have a look at the section on how to use the USB connection ... I'm not certain when the car will be registered but it will be either February or March (preferably March) so I've got a bit of time to research the USB thing.

Once it is all set up, that will be it for another three years, God willing ... Thanks for the input.

Tags: