Author Topic: GD1 Keyless Entry Installation  (Read 952 times)

Lurkin

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: GD1 Jazz, EK1 Civic (K24 Swapped)
GD1 Keyless Entry Installation
« on: November 19, 2021, 12:17:43 AM »
I purchased a RHD GD1 Jazz some time back with one, non keyless entry key.
Its been great, but the lack of keyless is getting old.
I thought I would would install a cheap keyless entry system to solve this.
I am in Australia and I cannot locate a Australian specific wiring diagram/photos.

I have used +12v from the ignition and GND from a bolt under the dash. The unit turns on and confirms it is on with the LED light and pressing the lock/unlock buttons I can hear relays clicking in the unit. So all I need the the correct wires in the car for lock/unlock and the right configuration on the unit and we should be good.

Unfortunately, this is where the wheels are coming off for me.

Most of the pictures I can find on the internet refer to using a Wht/Grn Wht/Blu combination for the unlock/lock and use a grey connector in the drivers footwell. I have removed the interior and but the grey connector I have has less wires and does not have these wires at all.

I used a multi-meter to identify a different connector which has Wht/Blk, Yel/Red, Blk - which matches a 'super locking wiring diagram' I found elsewhere. These wires followed negative trigger responses when tested with the multi-meter. I have tried to use them without success.

I have read on this forum that there is more than one fusebox type and I am aware there is more than one locking diagram - super/not super.

I thought super is for those who had keyless entry already and non super is for those who don't. Whilst the car does not have keyless entry (to my knowledge, based on the lack of button fob) it still appears to have super wiring (could be wrong).

Getting pretty frustrated with this as I genuinely believe the unit works (given the LED is flashing and the relays are clicking), but my wiring between the two is clearly wrong.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 12:34:40 AM by Lurkin »

Lurkin

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Re: GD1 Keyless Entry Installation
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 12:20:45 AM »
My understanding is that this is a negative trigger circuit, based on:

Unlocked
Yel/Red = 12v
Wht/Blk = 0v

Yel/Red = 0v
Wht/Blk = 12v

I am currently using the following:

Car --> Unit
GND Bolt - Black
GND Bolt - Org/Gray
GND Bolt - Yel/Black
Yel/Red - Yel Grn
Wht/Black - Blk/Wht

I have tried swapping Yel/Grn and Blk/Wht - no change.
I have tried using the black wire on the car plug to the Black wire on the unit - no change.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 12:36:25 AM by Lurkin »

Lurkin

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Re: GD1 Keyless Entry Installation
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 12:38:45 AM »
My grey connector looks different to this one:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8063.15

Tags:

anything