Author Topic: Can you fit a tow bar to carry e-bikes to a new 2021 Jazz EX Hybrid  (Read 4658 times)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Can you fit a tow bar to carry e-bikes to a new 2021 Jazz EX Hybrid
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2022, 04:17:22 PM »
I imagine many tow bar fitters would not be trained or insured to work on high voltage vehicles.

It does seem odd that tow bars are designed and made  ,knowing they cannot be used for towing, that are also incompatible with  alternative uses. :o
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

AnastieByte

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX Sunlight White Pearl
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2022, 03:58:47 PM »
Having just had a call from the Honda parts dept again I thought an update would help.

The parts manager has apparently spent most of his morning trying to clarify what's included in the price for the Cycle rack "hitch" in the Jazz accessory catalogue.

Unfortunately, he initially gave me the wrong information regarding pricing. The £1040 not £1024 as I stated is only for the fitting and supply of the hitch. As this only takes specific bike racks you then (unless yours is compatible which mine isn't as it's an RMC pin on the tow ball). You need to budget an additional £400-£600 for the rack!

So yes you can do it but you need deep pockets.

AnastieByte

• Registered Member
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2022, 06:42:50 PM »
Another update that I hope is helpful!

After making several inquiries I decided to go for the aforementioned tow bar (bike hitch) for the bike carrier. But fitted by an independent fitter. It cost £600 and is the exact same one Honda fit. Because the electrics only connect to the car lights it did not require dedicated electrics and "should" not impact on the warranty.

There is, however, another issue that may put others off. The towbar manufacturer says that the bumper cut is invisible. They got this wrong. The cut is visible. It's not huge but clearly noticable. In fairness, the supplier at their cost offered to remove the towbar and pay for a new bumper. After a little thought, we decided it was ok.

I will put photos up in a day or two. I may wait until the new bike rack arrives to show it all.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 10:41:56 AM by AnastieByte »

AnastieByte

• Registered Member
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2022, 10:39:51 AM »
The tow bar shows the bumper cut out that's visible. Apols for the photo quality as its chucking it down! The tow ball has a pin going through as a safety feature to ensure nobody tries to tow with a Jazz Hybrid! As my earlier posts state only certain bike racks will therefore fit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 10:41:24 AM by AnastieByte »

Tags: