Author Topic: Hello from West London  (Read 1191 times)

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
Hello from West London
« on: October 07, 2021, 12:23:04 PM »
Just acquired a Jazz and thought I should introduce myself before posting in other sections.

This is not my first Honda (a N600 many years ago and not really practical for a family of five, but was great fun and, coincidentally, a similar colour)  but the Jazz was chosen after much thought about something reliable and practical to replace a much loved Volvo V70 estate which did not meet London's new ULEZ.

Am still getting used to a totally different driving experience with the unusual auto transmission, very light parking-speed steering and a fuel consumption that I have not seen for a long time and am happily driving past petrol station queues with a smile on my face.

Have owned many cars over the years (over 50) but am finding the Jazz is one of the best I have driven and am currently busy fitting sat-nav and  hands-free bluetooth.  Biggest surprise is how difficult it is to reach the fuse box and reach the fuses.  Is it only me that has difficulty pulling fuses?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Hello from West London
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 12:36:20 PM »
The MK4 is very tricky so I took the panel off to get better access.

Also in West London :)
Let's be careful out there !

guest4871

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 12:42:13 PM »
The MK 2 is very "impossible"  :)

Honda decided not to make available a Fuse Guide label in my batch of cars which doesn't help either, so it is a bit suck it and see.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 01:00:55 PM »
When you consider the Jazz age group the fuse design doesn't help.

Honda don't want us fiddling :)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 08:22:19 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

GBH

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 08:51:30 AM »
When you consider the Jazz age group the fuse design doesn't help.

Honda don't want us fiddling :)

The fact that I have developed arthritis in my hands doesn't help. >:(  Tried unsuccessfully to remove the ACC fuse (no. 13) to install a jumper to power a sat-nav and finished up having to plumb in wiring from the back of the cigarette lighter socket and install a dual USB socket in the panel.

Can't say I am a fan of the way panels are held by plastic clips that do not seem to want to release - always worried that I will break something.

Having said that, I'm still delighted with my purchase and keep looking for an excuse to go out for a drive.

Next challenges are to try and fit rear mud flaps and probably a hands-free Parrot Bluetooth phone kit.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 09:02:54 AM »
The MK3 Jazz will have an 'option connector' like all Honda models have for ages now.

That's where to aim for as those pins are designed to not be affected by any other electrics. Stop start is a frequent culprit.

I haven't researched what option connector the MK3 has but I did post a semi- blow by blow when I connected my MK4 in the dashcam hardwiring thread :

Post #99 : https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12345.99

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 10:18:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum!   :D

Honda N600. Very cool car. Bet you wish you still had it!

Enjoy your Jazz. Brilliant little trouble free motors. Mine has not put a foot wrong in 15 months and nearly 20k miles.

GBH

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 07:17:01 AM »
Yes, the N600 was great fun and the body and interior were in fantastic condition, but I had to rebuild the engine when one of the spark plugs blew out of the head and I subsequently discovered that the piston rings were broken!  Couldn't get the right thickness so the supplying workshop machined the pistons for me.  The N600 was a great design but many parts were made of cheese. Even so I wish I still had it.

Went to the GP's surgery Saturday to get my oldies' Covid bonus / flu jabs and there was a Jazz in the car park. Same year and same colour as mine. Turned out to be the receptionist's who said that she bought it new and had not had any problems with it and would buy another one if she decided to change in the future, which validated my decision to buy one. :D

Tags: