Author Topic: Dirty Jazz!  (Read 3562 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Dirty Jazz!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »
Wouldn't ever let mine get to that kind of state.

To me the mechanical health of the car is more important than shiny paint.  I am well known on this forum for being allergic to cleaning cars, but the best thing I ever did was get the 'diamond coating' on the paintwork from the dealer - the civic is 10 years old now, and wifes Jazz 8 years, paintwork still looks good even though never been waxed ( I use autoglym super resin polish on plastic headlight covers on out cars about once a month, and they are showing no sign of cloudiness, I also use super resin to clean our UPVC window frames, doors and fascia boards, guttering and downpipes  once a year ) I have used Autoglym bumper and trim gel on parts of the cars and it works well.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

StateofTrance

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 (mk2) Jazz EX CVT, 2011 Civic 1.8 si
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2021, 03:01:00 PM »
Wouldn't ever let mine get to that kind of state.

To me the mechanical health of the car is more important than shiny paint.

I prefer both to be in good order as good preventative maintenance tends to be better than expensive repairs.
I have detailing equipment but found I didn't really need to go too deep into using it as the Jazz was given Auto Glym Lifeshine shield when new 6 years ago and came up clean with minimal effort. Just puzzled as to how long a car would need to stand to get as much algae growth on it :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2021, 03:02:11 PM »
I would expect no less of the Waitrose Customers I have met.
Too full of their own importance to clean their car..  8) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D
LOL - you'd have thought they could at least take the poor thing to one of the many hand car wash places for <£10.

If they lived in my road, I'd have been round and washed the poor thing out of sympathy by now.  :D

guest9236

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2021, 04:03:37 PM »
You certainly would not expect that in a Waitrose carpark disgusting, should have there Waitrose card withdrawn.

I would expect no less of the Waitrose Customers I have met.
Too full of their own importance to clean their car..  8) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry in delay for reply we were shopping in Aldi just to get a feel how the other half live   just read your observation, we had a good laugh, just kidding Waitrose to far away anyway.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2021, 06:43:48 AM »
Just puzzled as to how long a car would need to stand to get as much algae growth on it :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

If parked under suitable trees, I would say less less than a year in British weather conditions. Especially if the paint is already dull to collect sap and pollen.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2021, 08:49:31 AM »
Looks to me more like cow muck.

Tags:

anything