Author Topic: How do I stop receiving email thread notifications?  (Read 4518 times)

Jazzmeister

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT
How do I stop receiving email thread notifications?
« on: July 18, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »
How do I stop receiving email thread notifications, there is no opt-out option once you have opted in, the least you can do is weekly?
Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT | Previous car - Mk II 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Cvt

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: How do I stop receiving email thread notifications?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 10:31:38 AM »
Go to the topic in question and click on the Unotify button next to Reply.

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 11:37:30 AM »
Go to the topic in question and click on the Unotify button next to Reply.
I don't have time to do that on all 100+ topics I have notifications switched on for?
I don't want to receive email notifications for any topic but I still want to follow them

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 12:45:20 PM »
Go to Profile, Modify Profile, select Notifications from the drop down menu;

Uncheck Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic, if it is checked;

Below that you will see a list of topics subscribed to; tick the ones you want to unsubscribe from and click Unnotify.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 04:21:51 PM »
Go to Profile, Modify Profile, select Notifications from the drop down menu;

Uncheck Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic, if it is checked;

Below that you will see a list of topics subscribed to; tick the ones you want to unsubscribe from and click Unnotify.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I just want to not receive email updates from any topic, I have 8 pages of topics I'm subscribed to, there surely must be an easier way to not get email notifications than to go through all 8 pages. And I do still want to get notifications just not via email?

On all the other forums I'm on you can disable all email notifications and only get pop-up notifications, but that isn't an option on this forum, you need to enable that option under the forum settings.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 05:24:12 PM »
Richard just told you how to do it, step one to stop it happening and step two to unnotify from all the ones you are currently subscribed to.

I have it set like that and now when I come here, I just click ‘Latest’ and all I see are threads which have changed since I was last here.

You can also tick the checkbox at the top of the section listing topics you are subscribed to and unsubscribe from them all in one go.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:27:55 PM by richardfrost »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 07:14:12 PM »
+1

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 10:24:50 AM »
On all the other forums I'm on you can disable all email notifications and only get pop-up notifications, but that isn't an option on this forum, you need to enable that option under the forum settings.

The forum software doesn't support pop-up notifications as far as I'm aware, unless that feature can be added on as a Modification (like the Thanks option).

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 10:06:54 PM »
Maybe I'm muddling things up a bit, basically I just want to be able to select which topics I subscribe to and then not receive email notifications for new replies but rather have a subscribed topic list that I can check each time I visit the forum.
Is that possible?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 09:44:35 AM »
I subscribe to nothing. Every time I come in I check the unread posts, read those I want (usually most of them) then mark as read the rest. I do the same each time I come in.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 10:03:18 AM »
I don't subscribe to threads either,  just browse the new answers... learnt the hard way on other forums that your email inbox can soon get full.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 10:37:07 AM »
Maybe I'm muddling things up a bit, basically I just want to be able to select which topics I subscribe to and then not receive email notifications for new replies but rather have a subscribed topic list that I can check each time I visit the forum.
Is that possible?

The forum software doesn't allow you to do that. The nearest feature to that is to click on Latest Posts which gives a list of recent posts.

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 12:39:00 PM »
Is that possible?

The forum software doesn't allow you to do that. The nearest feature to that is to click on Latest Posts which gives a list of recent posts.
That is quite peculiar, every forum I've ever been on may not have pop-up notifications but has at the very least a subscribed topics list that you can refer back to on topics you want to follow, without needing to get email notifications. I'm pretty sure something to that effect will be available under the forum settings or an add-on.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 01:34:56 PM »
Is that possible?

That is quite peculiar, every forum I've ever been on may not have pop-up notifications but has at the very least a subscribed topics list that you can refer back to on topics you want to follow, without needing to get email notifications. I'm pretty sure something to that effect will be available under the forum settings or an add-on.

If people were asked to pay for being a forum member maybe software could be changed. I appreciate the unpaid efforts RichardA has put into developing and supporting this forum, and his continual patience with people who complain    ;D
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 01:47:32 PM »
+1

Tags: