Author Topic: Master Power Window Switch Recall  (Read 25358 times)

guest809

Master Power Window Switch Recall
« on: January 29, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
Hi all, I have just seen this on the web.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8487475.stm

Does anyone have any further info please as it is not on the VOSA website at the moment.

edit by Admin 20/2/2010 - made topic a 'sticky' for better visibility

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Master Power Window Switch Recall
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »
"A Honda recall announced Friday affects 646,000 of the Japanese automaker's compact Fit hatchbacks of the 2007-2008 model year. Roughly a fifth of the vehicles are in the United States, according to a report by the Dow Jones Newswires. Models from 2009-10 are not affected."

http://www.csmonitor.com/Money/2010/0129/Honda-recall-Steps-to-take-if-your-Honda-Fit-is-on-the-recall-list

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:19:06 PM »
Found something:

"There has been a recall to do with a window switch and 172,000 cars will be affected by the recall in the UK," a Honda UK spokesman told Reuters on Friday.

"The recall will start towards the end of February. Now we will start talking to customers and dealers as to how we set up that recall."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100129/tbs-uk-honda-b99ff97.html

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »
It was mentioned very briefly on the News at ten on the BBC last night during the report on Toyota's recall. They forgot to mention the fire risk and showed footage from the GE model promotional video.  ::)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
"Although there have been no reported cases of this happening in the UK, all recalled cars will be fitted with a waterproof skirt to prevent water entering."

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/toyota-and-honda-recall-2-million-cars/247192

guest671

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »
It doesn't affect the latest model Jazz. Apparantly only a tiny number of cars have caught fire. It takes an awful lot of water to fall on the door switch whilst at the same time making excessive use of the switch by constantly opening and closing the window.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »

guest1060

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:58:30 PM »
I understand that the problem can arise if you leave the window open in heavy rain.  Frequently.

Don't know whether Honda doesn't make em like they used to or whether Honda drivers aren't as intelligent as they used to be !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 08:55:37 AM »
Apparently there is also a risk of wet seats, carpets and trouser legs if the windows are frequently left open during heavy rain. We have automatic wipers and headlights etc. (what for I don't really know, I just wish we had foglights that would not switch on unless it REALLY was foggy).

I am surprised that a device to 'automatically close windows left open while it is raining heavily' must be available for those people who are prone to leave their widows open frequently during heavy rain - maybe the automatic wiper sensor could be used, but that may mean that the windows will be continually opening and closing during light rain but automatically open themselves during a downpour, oh well back to the drawing board.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JazzyB

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
Got my letter from Honda UK today re the master power window switch.

Nice to know that they will be contacting me in the next three months to request a visit to the dealer.

No rush then!  :o

wil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 11:38:49 PM »
I've rang up to book mine in myself, before the mad rush...lol
Also getting the handbrake handle recall done at the same time as well as the dreaded CVT judder issue looked under the extended 7 year warranty.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
Has anyone else booked there's in for the recall?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 02:14:53 PM »
No need to recall my car as I am not in the habit of 'frequently leaving the windows open during heavy rain' - and I doubt I ever will be.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
No need to recall my car as I am not in the habit of 'frequently leaving the windows open during heavy rain' - and I doubt I ever will be.

Same here.  I'm inclined to leave the recall work to be done when car is next serviced in December.

Probably more chance of gas pedal sticking or brakes not working in a Toyota than my Jazz catching fire  ;)
2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 06:04:12 PM »
Having ran out of road and found yourself in a river.

Then, as though things aren't bad enough, just as your car sinks below the surface, the bloody window switch catches fire!  :(

Tags: