Author Topic: Help needed on Infotainment system  (Read 2202 times)

Den Jerus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz SE CVT
Help needed on Infotainment system
« on: July 07, 2019, 09:57:11 AM »
My 66 plate Jazz SE CVT has the infuriating infotainment system that I have read reams about on this forum.
Thought I had garnered together sufficient information to attempt access to allow addition of some software or at least get my phone connected, maybe via the HDMI socket.
First thing to do was record some information on the head unit and operating system. Thinking this could be done from the menu I found a software version and a device number then...
Press Menu+power+brightness together.
There was a beep then the screen blanked and came up with the Honda Badge.
Thats it.
Thats all folks!!!
Oh No!! what have I done?
turning it all of and back on again (there's my IT in it's entirity) leaves me with the Honda badge.
The menu button used to be on the screen but thats not there anymore,
I need Help!!

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: Help needed on Infotainment system
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:16:18 AM »
Try holding the power button for 10 seconds this restarts the system you will probably lose any stored radio stations etc.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 10:17:40 AM »
Don’t panic yet! The menu+power+brightness sequence does give access to certain hidden menus but only if you start from the Android settings screen. If initiated from any other screen it will cause the system to reboot, which is what I think has happened in your case. Turn it back on and wait, possibly for up to 3 minutes. The 2d H will eventually be replaced by a 3d version before the unit comes back into normal operating mode.

Let us know how you get one!

Den Jerus

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »
Thanks guys.
The display was a 3D image after pressing the on button after 10 seconds it changed to a 2D image.
Pressed again for 10 seconds and got it back to 3D
Which image should I have before I wait the 3 minutes?

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »
My previous 16 plate Jazz infotainment system used to freeze on a regular basis until updates solved it. I just held the power button for 10 seconds and it would reboot and come back to normal on its own

Den Jerus

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 10:53:43 AM »
Phew!!!
All is back to normal.
Many thanks, I don't  think Missus would have forgive  me for breaking the toy before the dealers flowers had died!!.
Isn't there a sticky post for infotainment  problems?
You guys are magic but Honda have shot themselves in the foot with this one. At least the road tax is still low on this model!
Thanks again guys

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 10:15:52 PM »
I call the infotainment system the "chocolate teapot" given how useful it is. Mention the bad behaviour to the dealer at the next service (just before the warranty expires). The infotainment system in my HR-V (16 reg) temporarily played up just before its service and I mentioned the problem and was told there was an update which would therefore be done. However, I was told that the update wouldn't be applied unless the customer reported a problem.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Den Jerus

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 01:39:53 PM »
Here's a head scratcher.
Since I got the screen back on the infotainment thing, I am able to import my contact list to the phone system and have played music through the Bluetooth connection from my phone (which is incompatible). Here is a surprise. The screen stays live when I drive off. Go figure!

Tags: