Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: New South African variant.
« Last post by JimSh on January 20, 2022, 04:03:57 PM »

a lot of the Covid deaths would have been 'influenza' deaths in a bad seasonal flu year,  but country has never been locked down for influenza.  Flu pretty much disappeared during last 2 yearsn and in an 'average flu year' there are about 20,000 deaths. 
This graphic showing the number of deaths from Covid (or even with Covid if you must) from early 2020 shows the difference between deaths from Covid and deaths from other causes.
What do you think would have happened if lockdowns had not been imposed or vaccines developed?
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Cordless pressure washer
« Last post by trebor1652 on January 20, 2022, 04:03:10 PM »
Just wondering if any of you has one of these and your recommendations.
I have a pressure washer but it's a lot of faffing about to get the extension hoses out and other bits and pieces.
This idea seems ideal for cleaning the car in this weather.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

No personal experience. I date from the time when my 14 year old daughter, and most other  kids at the school, learned the real meaning of 'cool' by having to walk in sub zero temperatures.    ;) :P

There was a tv advert in the uk a while ago, for a VW I think, that targeted the 'cool car means cool dad'   market .
The teenage daughter was very embarrassed by their uncool car until dad bought a VW, whereupon  she became the envy of all her friends.   Until he attempted a' cool dad' High five farewell, and again became an embarrassment to her.

So he pressed a button, and became the cool executive being directed to his next appointment by the navigation system.    Some buyers are so shallow.  A chuckle is better.
« Last post by JimSh on January 20, 2022, 03:36:03 PM »

A freedom of information request was submitted to the ONS, asking for the true figure of deaths, with no other co-morbidities, "from" covid as opposed to "With" it. The answer 17,300, yes ,you read it right 17,300 (and the average age was over 82, more than the average life expectation in UK!).  About 10% of the claimed deaths 'from' covid which had been used by the government and SAGE to justify draconian restrictions and lockdowns, wrecking the economy in the process, plunging the country into depression and increasing the National Debt by over 800 billion to 2.3 trillion

This argument has been hyped up again on social media as a result of (deliberate) misinterpretation of a report
by the CDC in the USA.
The most common co-morbidities are respiratory diseases which have been exacerbated by covid.
They would not necessarily died had they not had covid.

"That people had co-morbidities does not mean they did not die of #COVID19. COVID may have caused them or worked synergistically to kill them. There have been over 200,000 excess all cause deaths in the US this year, if COVID19 is not pushing up the numbers, what is?  #COVIDKills"

"Social media is home to many misinterpretations of a recent CDC report on comorbidities and the coronavirus. Epidemiologist Justin Lessler sets things straight."
https://www.futurity.org/cdc-covid-19-comorbidities-2436032-2/

Edit Typo
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Zen Motoring
« Last post by Neil Ives on January 20, 2022, 03:18:13 PM »
I'll bet some of you will love this, and some will loath it, but give it a try. It's just 12 minutes for Episode 1 and then you will either be hooked or not.

BBC 3 - Zen Motoring

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0bf955j/zen-motoring-series-1-1-scooter-boys
Thank you for reminding me about this chap. I watched some of his videos a while ago.
No-one I've spoken to, or family members like the looks of my Mk4  :(

Personally I think the Mk3 looks much better, they do seem to have spent too much time in the wind tunnel for the Mk4 instead of also considering looks.

The front grille on the Crosstar is more 'normal' than the one on my ordinary Jazz, but I call it a 'speed nose' if anyone asks!
« Last post by culzean on January 20, 2022, 02:41:10 PM »
A freedom of information request was submitted to the ONS, asking for the true figure of deaths, with no other co-morbidities, "from" covid as opposed to "With" it. The answer 17,300, yes ,you read it right 17,300 (and the average age was over 82, more than the average life expectation in UK!).  About 10% of the claimed deaths 'from' covid which had been used by the government and SAGE to justify draconian restrictions and lockdowns, wrecking the economy in the process, plunging the country into depression and increasing the National Debt by over 800 billion to 2.3 trillion

Yet again unfortunately no citation so this cannot be checked or trusted. No reliable source = fake news.
Whereas this BBC webpage ...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
... if you scroll down to the penultimate graphic puts the excess deaths at around 150,000. And it cites the data sources so you can go back and check. ONS is quoted as saying total deaths involving Covid is around 175,000, which makes me wonder whether the 17,300 you mention is a misquote with the decimal point in the wrong place.

Decimal place in wrong place, very funny - it was actually SAGE who moved the decimal point one place to the right.  We always knew deaths purely 'from' covid ( relatively healthy people with no other real health issues ) were being massively over-counted.   The big clue was that 75% of covid deaths were over 85,  and 95% were over 60 and all with '2 or more' pre-existing serious chronic health condition - it does not take Einstein to work out what the problem was,  a lot of the Covid deaths would have been 'influenza' deaths in a bad seasonal flu year,  but country has never been locked down for influenza.  Flu pretty much disappeared during last 2 yearsn and in an 'average flu year' there are about 20,000 deaths.  Data also shows that 48% of people in hospital with covid are now 'incidental' admissions, they were admitted for other treatments but when admitted or already in hospital were found to be positive and had to be moved to 'covid areas', even though they had no real symptoms...  Looks like Boris was correct not to lock down again.
Picked my daughter up from school yesterday. Just as I was turning into the road where the school entrance is, I gave way to two teenagers crossing.

Literally, one of them stopped in his tracks, pointed at the Jazz and shouted loudly "Wow, that's one fugly car, look at it!"

I had my window open slightly and replied "Thanks!!" before chuckling and passing in super creepy EV mode ;-)

Afterwards I told my daughter (similar age to the boys - namely 14) and she is now super worried about being seen in a VERY UNCOOL car!

Does anyone have a similar issue with family members or friends disliking the Mk4's looks?

Personally I love driving a car which (in Hungary at least) no one else has. I really haven't seen another Crosstar since it was launched!
« Last post by ColinB on January 20, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »

Yet again unfortunately no citation so this cannot be checked or trusted. No reliable source = fake news.
Whereas this BBC webpage ...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
... if you scroll down to the penultimate graphic puts the excess deaths at around 150,000. And it cites the data sources so you can go back and check. ONS is quoted as saying total deaths involving Covid is around 175,000, which makes me wonder whether the 17,300 you mention is a misquote with the decimal point in the wrong place.
« Last post by Kremmen on January 20, 2022, 02:05:32 PM »
What I'm interested in watching is the cases rate in a week or two given incubation.

They've relaxed back to plan A because they reckon the peak has passed and Omicron is now reducing significantly.

With these new freedoms I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase. I hope I'm wrong.

On the day they announced plan A, case's went from 94k to 108k
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything