Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Puncture?
« Last post by Jocko on January 21, 2022, 06:25:11 PM »
TBH  I would only check a valve if there is excessive pressure loss on just one tyre.
That was my philosophy until I checked my tyre pressures one afternoon, put the car in the garage, came down the next morning in the dark, drove my wife the 3 miles to work, came home, went to collect her four hours later and the tyre was pretty well flat. I reinflated the tyre to go and pick her up then went to my tyre fitter of choice. That six-mile trip had destroyed the tyre and it cost me 60 to replace a tyre with 3,000 miles use. All because the valve was leaking after checking. Now I check the valves are not passing every time I check the pressures.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: What good reasons are there to buy a MK4
« Last post by John Ratsey on January 21, 2022, 06:06:11 PM »
With respect to the What Car accolade, I would have mentioned easy to drive, particularly quick response and plenty of torque, rather than the ride quality.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: New South African variant.
« Last post by culzean on January 21, 2022, 05:59:37 PM »
I notice that for the last few days the BBC news, when reporting daily  deaths 'within 28 days of a positive covid test' now specifically say  this includes deaths that were not actually due to covid. 

The current daily figures, typically 300 -400,sound a lot compared to summer figures, and dont sit well with proposals to relax restrictions.  But may need to be put into context  Death rates have always risen considerably in winter months.

In a normal year with no panic-demic 1500 people a day die ( >500,000 a year ).  In London the 'incidental covid' cases ( people admitted for other treatments and found to have covid, often with no symptoms in routine tests ) is now >60%,  in the rest of UK incidental cases are approaching 50%.  That means these are then classed as 'covid' cases in hospital for data.  If that person then dies from what they were actually admitted for,  they will be counted as a covid death using BBC method.  If you take % who actually died 'from' covid rather than 'with covid' in the December 16th ONS FOI data release ( roughly 10% of deaths ) that means 30 or 40 per day actually dying directly from covid, which is actually better than the average flu season deaths ( 15 to 20,000 over winter months ),  and we never have any precautions for seasonal influenza.
« Last post by culzean on January 21, 2022, 05:47:53 PM »
Some data is being used falsely (or, at least, wrongly).

The quoted life expectancies of 79.0 (m) and 82.9 (f) are for newborn babies and have nothing at all to do with recent deaths of old people.

If you reach the age of 65, your life expectancy is another 18.5y (m) and 21.0y (f) making 83.5 (m) and 86.0 (f).

If you reach the age of 80, your life expectancy is another 8.4y (m) and 9.7y (f) making 88.4 (m) and 89.7 (f).

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/bulletins/nationallifetablesunitedkingdom/2018to2020#life-expectancy-at-older-ages

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/datasets/nationallifetablesunitedkingdomreferencetables

I seriously doubt if those figures apply to people with multiple ( 2 or more ) serious health conditions, which is the cohort being discussed in relation to covid deaths.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: What good reasons are there to buy a MK4
« Last post by Hicardo on January 21, 2022, 05:04:06 PM »
Going back to mpg as a reason to buy a mk 4, my Crosstar bought last June, does about 64mpg average in summer and about 55mpg average in winter, over mixed driving conditions.  thats real world numbers folks, no concession to hyper miling.  and I think thats great.  the most I ever got out of a diesel, average, was 51mpg annual average BMW 120d.  that was a much faster car of course, but it was nowhere near as comfortable and spacious as the Jazz Crosstar.   ;D and my hand always stank after filling the damn thing.  more than usual even  :o
I imagine many tow bar fitters would not be trained or insured to work on high voltage vehicles.

It does seem odd that tow bars are designed and made  ,knowing they cannot be used for towing, that are also incompatible with  alternative uses. :o
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Pressure Washer close call
« Last post by aphybrid on January 21, 2022, 04:00:27 PM »
Silicone grease also a great help if applied regularly, will also be absorbed by the rubber which also helps sealing.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on January 21, 2022, 03:58:52 PM »
I notice that for the last few days the BBC news, when reporting daily  deaths 'within 28 days of a positive covid test' now specifically say  this includes deaths that were not actually due to covid. 

The current daily figures, typically 300 -400,sound a lot compared to summer figures, and dont sit well with proposals to relax restrictions.  But may need to be put into context  Death rates have always risen considerably in winter months. 
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Can you help me please - Inside window problem
« Last post by ColinS on January 21, 2022, 03:47:52 PM »
I'm guilty of using Auto all the time as the easy option.
Same here, all year round, never had any issues.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Can you help me please - Inside window problem
« Last post by Steve_M on January 21, 2022, 03:46:13 PM »
Owners manual content:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything