Poll

We've polls for Model and Colour, how about Age, to complete the picture?

17-25
28 (4.6%)
26-35
75 (12.4%)
36-45
100 (16.5%)
46-55
111 (18.3%)
56-65
130 (21.5%)
66-75
125 (20.7%)
76+
36 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 348

Author Topic: What age are you?  (Read 104376 times)

guest4268

Re: What age are you?
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:53 PM »
I have always thought maybe its the price of the Jazz that younger buyers dont buy? The problem is that older people buy for the reliability, the flexibility then its marked down as one for geriatrics which is unfair on Honda I guess

guest7022

• Topic Starter
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2017, 08:33:19 PM »
Just joined ClubJazz after buying a 2014 Jazz in Sweden this week. Primary residence in the U.S. and currently have a 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid and wife has a 2007 Fit. As noted in my intro, started buying Honda products in the late 80's. Have owned a 1991 Accord wagon, 1994 Accord Coupe, 2000 Insight Hybrid, and a 2005 Accord Hybrid.

Bought the Jazz because of the efficiency, flexibility, and assumed reliability of the vehicle. Not in a hurry to get anywhere, particularly during visits to Sweden. At the same time, don't want to be bothered with service appointments etc. Look forward to detailing my sight unseen new to me car next week. Should keep me out of trouble and busy for awhile. Also look forward to driving a five-speed again after many automatics over the years.

Will seek advice from this Forum if problems arise and update with any surprises.

regards

tim

guest7108

• Topic Starter
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »
Greeting ClubJazz.

I am 42, and have never been a boy racer or a car fanatic of any kind; it's a means to an end for me.

I bought a 2014 Jazz almost three weeks ago. I spent weeks looking for something significantly more economical than my 54 plate 1.6 Vauxhall Meriva without venturing in to diesel territory. I no longer needed the room or the ride height afforded by the Meriva. I found online reports for various cars to determine real world mpg, usually being disappointed by my findings. Eventually I made what appears to have been a sensible decision. And I've had some ribbing at work regarding the impending blue badge and disability conversion and so on  ::)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2017, 09:17:25 PM »
Welcome. I am 69, and was a boy racer!

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »
Interesting read! In Hong Kong where I was born, many Jazz have rear spoiler and body kit etc. I have put a rear Mugen roof spoiler myself two years ago , painted the brake caliper yellow and upgraded the steering to the leather one! When the current generation came out in 2015, I felt it was really boring and commented that to Honda UK. Luckily, the facelift version looks more younger, black alloys etc. Hopefully people in their 30's will buy it- it's a really good car.

But then again, I am not sure Honda UK wants to go that direction to upset their mature customers-after all, do they want to associated themselves with "boy racer"?

I brought the 2009 Salbert blue ES i-Shift in 2012 and I was 45! Would I have considered a Jazz in my 20's probably not. Probably due to cost.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:46:47 PM by 123Drive! »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2017, 06:53:47 AM »
I remember, back when I was a lad, the only people who could afford to buy, and more importantly insure, "hot" saloons, were old duffers as I am now.
Those were the days of the HA Viva SL.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2017, 08:03:47 AM »
Wow! Nice.

Mind you, in my 20's, I brought a new Honda Civic 4dr Bel-Air on finance!  We had a VW Jetta 1.3 E reg but after six years was really unreliable, coped with horrible service from VW dealers, enough was enough.

I saw the New Civic Coupe and was going for it but I lived at home at the time and my parents kept saying it's better to buy a 4 Dr with air con. So that's how I was introduced to Honda and we had that car for 17 yrs until I replaced it with my current Jazz!

guest5034

• Topic Starter
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2017, 12:15:03 PM »
I am 46, and drive a very quick Lotus.  I've had the pee ripped a few times because I drive a Jazz.  Little do they know eh lol.
The Jazz has it all, I love the drive.  Being a petrol head who likes fast cars, yes, more power would be beneficial, but its fine to be fair, as long as your willing to rev it. ;)

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2017, 09:40:13 PM »
And if you add premium petrol like Shell V-Power, it does go quicker. PS. I don't have shares in Shell! Lol!

babyjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.2 Mk2
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2017, 01:41:35 PM »
I am female 25, turning 26 and my 2013 Mk2 Honda Jazz is my first car. Bought a 2nd hand and low mileage.
I get teased a lot from my friends for having a grandma's car but I think I made the right investment. I did a lot of research and got a lot of advice from learned people telling me this is a solid and reliable car if I don't plan to be a racer girl wannabe.

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »
Hi Babyjazz

You won't be disappointed with your Jazz. I run the same and 70,000 odd miles with no problems / failures.

Had it for over four years and never regretted it. Zoom off to S of France a couple of times a year, 35 miles a day for work or travelling up and down the country also for work upto 500 miles a day. Best car I've ever had.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
I am female 25, turning 26 and my 2013 Mk2 Honda Jazz is my first car. Bought a 2nd hand and low mileage.
I get teased a lot from my friends for having a grandma's car but I think I made the right investment. I did a lot of research and got a lot of advice from learned people telling me this is a solid and reliable car if I don't plan to be a racer girl wannabe.
Wait until your friends want to move house and you are going to help and turn grandma's car into an estate. ;)

That grandma/pa car is just something here in some European countries. In Asia and the US the Jazz (Fit) is very popular among young- people and families.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
I was 23 when I bought my first Jazz.

Some guy at work in his early 30s has a Mk2. He's from a Asian country originally though where clearly the Jazz has a different image.

ob13

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 jazz
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »
i bought one a week or so before Christmas and am only 44 which is the youngest i know!

A couple of the guys i go to football with both have a jazz (mid 50's and 70+)and having sat in the back of them for longish trips with another guy and neither of us tiny was very impressed with the space and comfort in what seems to be a tiny car.

My wife has been unable to drive since an injury at work a few years ago  which has got a lot better now but other health issues make it difficult so i decided i should get a small auto to make it easier for her to get out.
After quite a lot of research i was shocked how much road tax was on some of the other small autos was so that, my previous passenger experience and the cam chain rather than belt and honda well known reliabilty put the jazz top of the list.
Even though there are absolutely loads about i reckon people keep hold of them as there were not many for sale( a good sign?) so after test driving one locally which confirmed it was the type of car i wanted but alarm bells rang about that particular car,i then went 70 miles next day to buy one.
2004 but only done 52k miles,ran perfect on test drive but on way home had a very occasional misfire which has got more regular over last month.Today i took front plugs out and gap was too big and could see wear on 3 of them,i closed up gap and now seems to be Perfect. I will buy 8 new ones and change the lot.
I was starting to wonder what i had done getting rid of my high mileage but ultra reliable piece of french junk!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2018, 08:04:01 PM »
Welcome. When I bought mine there were four of us on the test drive. Both my wife and brother, sitting in the back, said there was more rear seat room  than in the Volvo S40 I was replacing.

Tags: