Author Topic: revs  (Read 1969 times)

dave456

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 es 2006 cvt
revs
« on: October 15, 2018, 02:56:25 PM »
Hi members i have a honda jazz 1.4 se cvt i have had problems with now for some time i have got a miss fire at 1,000/1.500 back again change plugs change coils add a new egr valve and vibration at tick over as well. today rev it up it got 5.000 rmp would not go no further if you tried it would to cough and sputter.just wonder if is now the throttle body i am getting fed up now throwing money at it any suggestions  this is the worst jazz i have had dave 

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: revs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »
I think this engine has 8 spark plugs.
The back 4 being a bit of a fiddle.
Have you changed 4 or 8?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

dave456

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 09:37:41 PM »
Hi trebor 1652 i have changed all 8 sparkplugs

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 06:48:07 AM »
Does the Engine management light illuminate when light check is done at initial ignition switch on? It seems strange to me that a code would not be generated with such severe symptoms and I wondered if the light was faulty or removed.

dave456

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:26:35 AM »
Hi jocko the elm light does work it came on when i took the map sensor plug off had it reset but no codes came up

dave456

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 03:42:19 PM »
Hi back again about miss fire and vibration the vibration seems to be at the gearbox end the revs i carnt  under stand it is fine when you rev it when in N/P from tickover to2,000 rmp but when in drive it miss from tickover to2,000 rpm any ideas 

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 10:30:25 AM »
Shot in the dark
Many years ago I seem to remember having a similar thing.
It turned out to be a broken ht lead the one from the ignition coil to the distributor.
Ok so we don't have the same set up in today's cars, but we still do have ht leads.
I found it out by taking the leads and putting a test circuit through them and wiggling the lead (of course they had copper wire in them then) and you may not be able to do that with todays leads.
But as I said, a shot in the dark, at least it gives you something else to try and check out.
All the best in you elusive hunt.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 04:35:12 PM »
Another shot in the dark but have you had a look at air & fuel filters, you can tell by looking at the air filter, if it's filthy then change it,
Fuel filter is a bit more tricky and dirty to examine.
If engine is failing to fire at any point it must be lack of air, fuel or spark. My last car was fine when driving gently but misfiring under load, turned out to be sludge in the fuel filter.
Good luck.

dave456

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 12:24:43 PM »
Hi members finally got the car sorted took it toa garage in rotherham that had five star customers revue.put it on computer found nothing the manager came in said what is doing told him said it the throttle cable it is to slack re set it now ok at last. Honda could not find anything wrong with it cost me all that money at Honda will not be going back there any more i think the cable was to slack and not responding to the throttle body when computer sent signal anyway ok now  dave   

Tags: