Author Topic: Another noob  (Read 1679 times)

Robbie MkII

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.5 i-VTEC SportNavi 2018
Another noob
« on: June 18, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »
Greetings to everybody from a noob to this forum in the UK who's collecting a new Jazz 1.5 SportNavi (Shining Grey) on Thursday.

It's not my first Jazz. I had a 2002 1.3 SE for quite a few years but after 5 years (or so) of treachery I have seen the light and returned to the fold.  ;)

I'm not exactly a prolific poster in forums but I look forward to reading posts and maybe contributing more (for that read: asking irritating questions) as I get opportunity to do so.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Another noob
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
Welcome, Robbie.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:06:23 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Robbie MkII

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 07:20:47 PM »
Thanks; I've been reading Jocko's hints for polish with interest and ordered some Bilt & wotsit.  ;D

Robbie MkII

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 07:37:40 PM »
With still being a bit light on the right foot I have seen an average over 50mpg stated by the car software in a mix of driving including short journeys which even if it's close to accurate is pretty impressive. I'm finding it is wanting to go already, and it's not anywhere near as soft around corners as I was expecting after my old (2002) Jazz from a while ago; it's sure-footed enough for me to look forward to increasing revs as the breaking-in period draws near.

No real niggles so far, a few minor points though: the satnav screen is a dust magnet but anti-static wipes help no end. Oh and Jazz mudguards don't fit the Sport, I was informed when I asked for them to be fitted. Not the end of the world exactly; I will cope.  ;D

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 09:35:30 PM »
With still being a bit light on the right foot I have seen an average over 50mpg stated by the car software in a mix of driving including short journeys which even if it's close to accurate is pretty impressive.

It took me a bit of practice to learn how to get the best out of the CVT. The MPG on the trip reads on mine about 5% high over the last 1200 miles.

I think the Jazz Sport corners pretty flat not much body roll, drives very well. I'm well pleased.

Tags: