Author Topic: Satnav  (Read 6404 times)

guest5055

Satnav
« on: December 18, 2014, 01:55:05 PM »
Hello

Just bought a new Jazz and wondering how to use my TomTom XL satnav with it.  I have seen references to the vent mounting (not the best reviews I must say) and the dashboard mount option.  I think this would suit better but there are so many to choose from and want to get one that fits.
Does anyone attach it to the small offside window?
Can anyone recommend something, maybe easily got online as I'm in the sticks a bit.

Would this suit?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-DBSB-03-6-GPS-Dashboard-Mount/dp/B0051FWA7U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thanks

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
Re: Satnav
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
Thread here about sat nav mounts

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=5353.0

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:17:01 PM »
As I have said before reference this query, I have used a bean bag type satnav mount for a long time and cannot fault it.
You can put it almost anywhere and it stays put and there are no tell-tale rings on the windscreen.
Try Amazon and EBay for supplies.

Vic.

guest4477

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »
try Ebay universal friction mount bean bag  £5.99 free p.o 1tem No, 330928930552 does the job no problems.

guest3895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:51:44 PM »
Hi Freddi, I bought the Amazon bean-bag mount that you referenced and have been extremely pleased with it. Not the most elegant thing visually, but it sits well on my dash and has never moved a mm during use. It is very easy to remove and store away and leaves no tell-tale circular sucker marks on the windscreen to advertise to thieves that you have a sat. nav. on board. Another good point is that you can move it from car to car so easily. I am going to South Africa soon, have purchased the South African SD card and so will be taking my Garmin Nuvi with me - if I have room in my suitcase I will also be taking the bean bag, as I know it will fit the dash of any hire car. I recommend it to you heartily! 

guest5055

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »
Thanks for replies.
Hobo - I had seen that thread but all the links were dead and so I didn't find it that useful.
VicW - the problem I found when looking is that 'beanbag' type is so generic and there are so many different sorts, some with flexible bottoms some with rigid, that is why I asked for specific models.
Graham and judgegeoff - thanks for those, I will give the one mentioned a go and see how it goes, cheap and cheerful.

Cheers

freddi

Tags: