Author Topic: Carplay support?  (Read 3635 times)

guest8015

Carplay support?
« on: October 14, 2018, 08:40:52 AM »
Hello, i have read that in 2018 Jazz/Fit models support Carplay. I am about to buy a brand new Jazz, and my dealer tells me there's no such thing in current Jazz models. Maybe Carplay was for US models only?

What options do i have?

-is there a software upgrade or anything that enabled Carplay on the current Jazz i am about to receive?
-or can i order a new head unit from the US and replace the one in mine?

If you lived in Europe and you can purchase a Jazz with Carplay support, please let me know, too!

I hope someone here knows this head unit stuff in and out.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Carplay support?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 11:15:33 AM »
Honda do not fit Apple Carplay (or Android Auto) in the Jazz in the UK and presumably not in the rest of Europe either. The Jazz/Fit in the US does come with it but Honda for some reason chose not to offer it here.

I'd say it's unlikely a software upgrade would be available. I read that Mazda offer a dealer-fit 'box' on the MX5 to add Apple Carplay/Android Auto to the infotainment system, so one would presume there would be more to it than a software upgrade.

I'm not sure if swapping the headunit would work. Even if it did, you may lose some other functionality - I'm not sure if the US has DAB radio or RDS - I believe they have HD radio and satellite radio instead.

Tags:

anything