Author Topic: Honda HRV 1999 3 Door - Restoration Story So Far  (Read 7096 times)

guest3804

Honda HRV 1999 3 Door - Restoration Story So Far
« on: July 10, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »
Background:

I purchased my 1999 Honda HRV 3 Door Supersonic Blue in February this year 2015 as I was looking for something that me and my border collie could travel in comfortably.

So I scoured the adverts and ebay etc and viewed a couple with high miles and the dreaded rust in the lower rear quarter. Then found an HRV local to me with an unbelievable genuine 35,000 miles for £1200. I could not resist and having ascertained the owner/service history from the old gentleman agreed a price.

There were a few things wrong that I was aware of especially the brakes! New discs and pads on the front quickly sorted that.

I then negotiated with my local Honda to do the fluid changes (diff, brakes and gearbox) with Honda parts I supplied to keep the costs low. I sourced the Honda parts from a dealer up North and with postage they were still cheaper than my local dealer could do - where is the logic in that!

Anyway, thoroughly washed, polished and waxed the car and it began to look really good. Only two things began to niggle - the alloys and some small rust spots on the rear wheel arch panels, both sides.

I decided that I would take a look under the sill cover on the passenger side - this now represents a lesson that sill covers hide all manner of issues.

And so the restoration begins in earnest......

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest3804

• Topic Starter
Re: Honda HRV 1999 3 Door - Restoration Story So Far
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
I took the car to some bodywork garages to get prices and finally settled on one and in March left the car with them for a week.

Here are the pics to show the work done.

guest3804

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:22:46 PM »
new metal going in:

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 10:48:28 AM »
Hi
Looks like you found a good body shop. nice neat complete job it looks to me. Very interesting to see.

Tags:

anything