Author Topic: Which paint repair kit is recommended!  (Read 673 times)

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
Which paint repair kit is recommended!
« on: March 25, 2023, 04:33:11 PM »
Hi All, Just a short piece asking advice/opinion on which paint repair kit for chips and scratches would you, have you bought and used? From bit of research and few youtube videos, seems there are 3 on the market:
Honda
Chipex
Halfords

Colour code for the automatic is B568M azure blue metallic. There are 5 or 6 stone chips on the bonnet, size of a matchhead, most of which show rust (I have seen this can be removed before applying paint). Then there are many tiny scratches near door handles which look like 'long thin hairs' scratches, which I am confident can be tcut/rubbing compunded out. Finally, there are 2 or 3 deeper scratches on doors which will not rub or polish out and will need a tiny paintbrush or applicator to apply paint and build up, with a steady hand!

Have not been able to do a damn thing yet to the car due to bloody weather, but I am itching to get out there (without making myself ill this time!). I will, as have done before, tcut the whole car, and concentrate on those areas that need it most, and on majority of car just give a quick application with microfibre and water spray to keep lubricated. Has anybody ever used a sponge applicator that you can use with a cordless drill as 1 or 2 videos showed them using this type and may make job much quicker and better results?!

Anyway, at least the boot is still bone dry, even after the continual rain and downpours we have had, and the confidence to go through a car wash...all good! Car is so much easier than a manual, and the cruise control, OMG, what a godsend, love it. Also like playing with the flappy paddles, used when going downhill, and get bit more control of car.

Thanks for any advice and opinions that are forthcoming.

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
Re: Which paint repair kit is recommended!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 05:09:15 PM »
Chipex here. Excellent colour match but it does take some practice to get a perfect finish.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Which paint repair kit is recommended!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 05:56:01 PM »
Chipex

Tags: