Author Topic: mk3 jazz first impressions  (Read 1914 times)

jaytee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es
mk3 jazz first impressions
« on: March 19, 2020, 01:43:20 PM »
hi everybody, have just got a mk3, after owning both mk1 and mk2 in the past,in fact still have the mk1. i am pleased with the car a1.3s , but cant help feel that it not so solidly built as the previous models,and also a bit louder engine, this is compensated by a better MPG. and it feels a tad quicker  , nice to have 6th gear for motorway driving.remains to be seen how this model will stand the test of time.any thoughts ?

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: mk3 jazz first impressions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 02:07:47 PM »
No problems with mine over 4 years and 40,000 miles.  Nothing's fallen off or stopped working!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:11:02 PM by Downsizer »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 04:10:56 PM »
hi everybody, have just got a mk3, after owning both mk1 and mk2 in the past,in fact still have the mk1. i am pleased with the car a1.3s , but cant help feel that it not so solidly built as the previous models,and also a bit louder engine, this is compensated by a better MPG.
When I went to the dealer to have a look on a Jazz, there were both a Hybrid mk2 and a present mk3: the present Jazz was (and i think still it is) how I can say... more solid,  thicker, stronger....Engine noise imho seems to be louder because all the car body is  more insulated, so you hear less aredinamic and road noise.

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 05:30:49 PM »
We've had a Mk3 SE CVT, from new, for four years now. First Honda we've ever had, very impressed so far. I agree that the engine is not the quietest but it's been reliable - no problems of any kind.

Great car, if we survive this horrible virus, the next car will be a Jazz!

langserve

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [
  • My Honda: gk3 2019 jdm 1.3 CVT
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 02:44:36 PM »
Had a second hand Mk1 CVT for 12 years and liked it enough to buy a new Mk3 CVT last July without as second thought. Both cars Japan specs of course. The engine in the Mk1 was outstanding and I still miss it. The Mk3 engine is more economical and is still a very good engine but the Mk1 engine was a real gem. Everything else about the Mk3 is better especially the road noise, handling, ride and the seats. I'm very happy with it, it's an excellent jack of all trades car. There is not much it can't do and the sensing/adaptive cruise control systems are great.

jaytee

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 04:21:29 PM »
i am getting used to the mk3 and can see the good points, ride ,steering, and comfort.however still miss the mk1 engine for about town work,i bought the 1.3s model because i am not bothered about the extra tech items.nice to have a DAB radio, but i prefer to keep wipers and lights manual. as for the stop start, seems to have a mind of its own! hope you are all staying safe.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 10:30:06 AM »
as for the stop start, seems to have a mind of its own!
It does! There's a long check-list of conditions to be satisfied before it wants to activate. It should show an icon to explain the reason for not activating. Some are fairly obvious like the note enough charge in the battery or the engine temperature being too low but the A/C icon covers a range of conditions including the difference between required and actual cabin temperature being significant (turning off the heater fan eliminates this constraint).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Redstart

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 10:29:17 PM »
I've had my mk3 for 5 weeks and 1500 miles.
First Jazz. Bought 68 plate with 5100 on the clock. Pretty impressive. Obviously not overly torquey, but not bad. It'll bumble along with 1500-2500 on the clock. Mpg is good. 56mpg this weekend in 491 mile trip to France and back. Car loaded up to the gunnels on return journey (preparing for brexit). Engine a bit boomy (1.3) Oddly the car seemed to do hills better later on in the journey. Engine freeing up?
Altogether very satisfactory.

beerbelly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC 2019
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 04:03:28 AM »
Had my Mk 3 for 1 year now and I think it's a solid little car. The engine 1.3 manual works well for my city driving and you can load the trunk with anything . My first Honda after several small euro made cars and im impressed  :)

Cheers from sunny Copenhagen 8)

Tags: