Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2018 Sport Navi - Satnav getting lost.  (Read 4417 times)

MJD

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz Sport Navi
Honda Jazz 2018 Sport Navi - Satnav getting lost.
« on: November 21, 2018, 01:40:53 PM »
2018 Honda Jazz Sport Navi - Purchased in June (my 7th Honda) is proving very disappointing as the Honda/Garmin Satnav frequently gets lost, taking shortcuts across fields and failing to turn off at junctions when I do.
Please - Has anyone here had this problem and found a solution? as the Honda main dealer in Norwich is unable to solve this and the Honda UK. MD fails to even respond to my request for help.
It is so frustrating as I could never trust it on a long unfamiliar journey.
To make matters worse since the purchase I have discovered that the Map is only updated once a year!
The displayed speed limits are at least 18 months out of date on local 'A roads'
Another problem - The 'My Honda' dongle which sent very impressive reports to mobile phone but then stopped working after a few months.
This all spoils what could otherwise be an enjoyable car.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Honda Jazz 2018 Sport Navi - Satnav getting lost.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 09:21:03 PM »
This reply isn't strictly relevant but I have had an issue with a stand alone Tom Tom sat nav which gets me lost in Northwich in Cheshire. It takes me into the grounds of a shopping centre and gets me totally lost suggesting nonsensical turns and directions. It's only in this one part of this one town that it happens. The maps are fully up to date. I often wonder if it loses the signal in some way although it never indicates that it has lost signal.

Hope you get this sorted. Sat navs are mostly great but occasionally worse than useless!

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 06:14:18 PM »
Never had a problem with my Sat Nav, I wonder if yours needs the software maps reloading? I would get the dealer to do that as first step, unless its been tried already.

It is possible to update the maps yourself, the info is on the web including adding speed camera alerts.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »
Sounds to me that it is failing to get locks on at least three satellites.  This was typical in the early days of sat navs but you shouldn't be seeing that issue with modern ones.  I think you have a faulty unit.

MJD

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 12:55:23 PM »
Never had a problem with my Sat Nav, I wonder if yours needs the software maps reloading? I would get the dealer to do that as first step, unless its been tried already.

It is possible to update the maps yourself, the info is on the web including adding speed camera alerts.

Main dealer has checked maps and software up to date twice, as did I.
Today 23/11 I finally had acknowledgement from Honda customer relations that they are investigating.

Car going into dealer for 3 days in December. fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:54:30 AM by MJD »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 06:28:02 PM »
Put your issues in writing send recorded delivery and ask the dealer to rectify each issue without delay.
Good luck

MJD

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 10:11:55 PM »
Norwich Honda main dealer had car for 1 week and 3 days (including Xmas)
However the Honda/Garman map was not updated and the satnav continues to get lost by about 1 mile, especially after turning off an A road onto country roads where it continues along the main road for about a mile and then takes a shortcut across fields to meet me but never quite catches up! Absolutely unreliable rubbish.
I contacted Honda UK customer support but a complete waste of time! Surely someone in Honda must know how to fix it?
I have previously owned six Civics with never a problem - this Jazz is such a disappointment, although they did manage to  fix the bad clutch judder by replacing the clutch and car is still only around 7 months old.

guest4871

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 10:58:47 PM »
Sounds to me that it is failing to get locks on at least three satellites.  This was typical in the early days of sat navs but you shouldn't be seeing that issue with modern ones.  I think you have a faulty unit.

Sounds right to me.

Perhaps the dealer should be swapping out the unit?

guest7494

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 04:37:30 PM »
My standby Sat Nav sits in the passenger seat, always on and never fails.  🥰

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 04:39:28 PM »
That is where I keep my collision avoidance system!

Warwick

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Sport Navi
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 09:13:08 AM »
I wonder if anyone can tell me if the Garmin Satnav should show up traffic cameras. I recently purchased a 2018 model expecting to have a fully working satnav only to find no traffic cameras (but it does have cash machine icons!) I am very disappointed as I will now have to use a plug in sat nav as well. The dealer does not seem very clued up so if anyone can give some advice it would be appreciated.

Tags:

anything