Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Insurance 2008 Mk1
« Last post by WelshBeauty on Today at 11:49:19 AM »
Got the email today from LV, telling me they will not be insuring me in 2024.
Who do I go with now? Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks all.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 11:25:43 AM »
Buy Japanese pre 2005 most models you'll be pleasantly surprised that are equipped to be repaired mostly no parts required.
Avoid expensive when new as their spares are limited and remain costly.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by coravel on Today at 11:11:42 AM »
...you have that nagging doubt when you go out to the car that it might happen.

Wasn't it Seneca who said: "We suffer more in imagination than in reality.”?

Meaning, we spend so much time worried about how bad things are going to be, that we actually torture ourselves more than the thing we’re worried about ever could (that is, if it happens at all).

I just enjoy driving the Jazz. If something goes wrong, it's early enough to worry, right?

Thanks for the quote Jazznik.  Very wise words for certain.   :)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by chrisv on Today at 10:14:28 AM »
Hi,
Gave up trying to sort alarm and took it to Honda dealer. They diagnosed the boot latch sensor as the problem, just short of £400 including diagnosis, new latch and fitting. I have a loan car while mine is being fixed, it's a jazz hybrid, what a strange machine, all seems to work ok, goes well, sits nicely on the road but what a load of gadgets and gizmos, not for me,
Chris
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by nomis on Today at 08:51:12 AM »
My wife still has a Ford Fiesta which we're looking to replace as it's just celebrated its 16th birthday. In all that time it's been very reliable in the sense that it has always started and driven, but then it is a manual with minimal electronics. The electric boot release packed up about 18 months ago and the central locking hasn't unlocked the passenger door for about 6 months. Both are annoying but they don't interfere with getting from A to B.

I sold a Ford Mondeo auto estate when I bought the Jazz. It was 10 years old and had let me down once when a sensor on the high pressure fuel line failed. The reliability of the electronics was appalling though. First the rear view camera went on the blink and eventually failed altogether. Then the sat-nav packed up because it could no longer detect any satellites. Then my mobile would no longer connect for hands-free calling. After that I discovered by accident that the voice control had lost its dictionary, not that I ever used it. Finally the parking sensors died. All this happened outside of warranty of course and I never bothered having any of it fixed. At least the radio still worked when I sold it.

I wouldn't touch a modern Ford with a barge pole given how many electronic "safety" modules there are which can brick a car if they fail.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Space saving wheel
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 07:17:56 AM »
Honda changed the design of the boot area of the Mk3 during the production run: early cars have room for a full size spare, later ones don’t. Search the forum for posts about this. That said, if you only have room for a space-saver, then that’s your only option unless you want to carry a full-size wheel in the luggage space. Space-savers are quite limited in usage, eg should only be used at low speed (<50 mph) and for a short distance, so really only suitable to get you to a tyre centre. And you have to ask yourself if you’re really comfortable changing a wheel at the roadside which can be a bit of a hairy place. If you want one then I’m sure a Honda dealer will sell you one, or there are lots of 3rd party sellers online.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: ContiMobilityKit
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 06:33:19 AM »
A repair depends on the tyre shop

Some are happy to wash out the gunk whilst others refuse to and use it as a ploy to sell you a new tyre
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: ContiMobilityKit
« Last post by Marco1979 on Today at 06:25:01 AM »
Yes you can! And in case of a very small puncture I would even recommend not to use the substance: your tire cannot be repaired after using it.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Help Please! Re check engine light
« Last post by BrandonGetsIt on Today at 12:55:04 AM »
Try disconnecting your battery pressure the brake pedal then leave the car for 15 mins
Reconnect check the dash light.
I’ll try this out
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10