Author Topic: Just installed led headlights  (Read 2094 times)

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
Just installed led headlights
« on: April 24, 2019, 05:43:16 PM »
Hi all

I have just installed led headlights, I took the advice from previous post and purchased them from classiccarsleds. £70 for the pair. I chose to remove both headlights from the car. This involves having to remove most of the bumper fixings. The instructions state that they can be used for left or right hand vehicles. They arrived pre set got right hand drive vehicle S.the leds are plug and play and straight forward to install. The headlights were cloudy due to age so I decided to give them a makeover. I used wet an dry grit paper starting with 400 grit then 1000 grit, followed by 2000 grit, and finally 3000 grit, making sure them headlights we’re always wet when rubbing down. Finally I dried them sprayed them down with degreaser.  I Then sprayed them with 3 coats of clear gloss spray. I tried to add a photograph but no luck with that

Ben

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: Just installed led headlights
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 06:02:29 PM »
And are they good?
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Brendan976

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »
They appear just fine, I haven’t driven at night time yet but they appear a far bit brighter than the stock h4?bulb. Although now that the headlights are now crystal clear it could be that made a great improvement.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:31:30 PM »
They appear just fine, I haven’t driven at night time yet but they appear a far bit brighter than the stock h4?bulb. Although now that the headlights are now crystal clear it could be that made a great improvement.

I have installed them on two cars and one motorbike that already had crystal clear lenses and trust me they are chalk and cheese with original candle in a jam-jar filament bulbs,  the main reason being they have a wider spread of light horizontally and much more light on the LH verge,  which makes night driving much better, also the whiter light is much more eye-catching in the daytime ( very important on a motorbike when cagers* are either dozing off or distracted by one of the gadgets in their car ).  *cagers = people driving in a cage = car and van drivers......
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Brendan976

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »
Hi 5 to another motorcyclist.

Brendan976

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 07:59:11 PM »
Photo of sprayed headlights.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 03:03:32 PM »
Sorry for dragging up an old post, but is the link below the correct H4 bulb for the Jazz GD1

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/latest-led-headlights-h4-philips-z-es-hi-lo-beam-conversion-9-32v

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 04:14:57 PM »
Sorry for dragging up an old post, but is the link below the correct H4 bulb for the Jazz GD1

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/latest-led-headlights-h4-philips-z-es-hi-lo-beam-conversion-9-32v

Yes,  but be aware the price is without VAT,  so add 20% - so about £70 - had them in our cars for 2 years now - passed two MOT in both Jazz and Civic... well worth the price trust me.  Also have this bulb in my motorbike.

note at bottom of the product page

All prices shown exclude UK VAT which will be added at checkout together with postage where appropriate.

Part Number: H4ZES1x2
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Basil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 S Mk2 - GG5 & 1.5 Sport Mk3 - GK5
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 05:36:09 PM »

I have installed them on two cars and one motorbike that already had crystal clear lenses and trust me they are chalk and cheese with original candle in a jam-jar filament bulbs,  the main reason being they have a wider spread of light horizontally and much more light on the LH verge,  which makes night driving much better, also the whiter light is much more eye-catching in the daytime ( very important on a motorbike when cagers* are either dozing off or distracted by one of the gadgets in their car ).  *cagers = people driving in a cage = car and van drivers......

With much more light on the LH verge, how do you find them when driving in the outside lane of a dual carriageway or motorway Culzean, do they dazzle vehicles in the inside lane ?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 06:50:30 PM »
Very flat well controlled beam, a headlight beam pattern test part of MOT, if your beam does not fit within allowable area of test machine it fails.  Standard headlamps have a 'kick up' towards near side verge, which is designed to light up kerbs and verges but not dazzle oncoming drivers.

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/the-mot-headlamp-aim-test-is-changing/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:54:32 PM by culzean »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 08:59:25 PM »
This is an opportune moment for me to mention that I've got a pair of the ClassicCar LED H4 bulbs (with all thier accessories) sitting in a box. They spent a few years in the HR-V I traded in for my Crosstar which comes with LED headlights.

I'm thinking of £35 including delivery. Send me a forum message if interested.

PS: Probably now sold.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:29:54 PM by John Ratsey »
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jazz03

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2003
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 07:19:35 PM »
I bought new headlights of eurocarparts with 40% discount cost me 179£

I was going to wax and polish but thought might as well buy new one.

Using standard lucas bulbs

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 08:53:35 PM »
This is an opportune moment for me to mention that I've got a pair of the ClassicCar LED H4 bulbs (with all thier accessories) sitting in a box. They spent a few years in the HR-V I traded in for my Crosstar which comes with LED headlights.

I'm thinking of £35 including delivery. Send me a forum message if interested.

PS: Probably now sold.

If they are not sold please message me

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 09:07:24 AM »
Had a set of ClassicCarLED’s H4’s fitted yesterday, they certainly look a lot brighter than the original H4 candles, but not tried them at night yet.

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 01:45:48 AM »
I fitted some leds a few months ago from amazon warehouse. If you get decent ones which have the 2 led's and the little notch they will work perfectly.

Mine were £7.28  ;)

Tags:

anything