Author Topic: protecting sides from scratches and dings  (Read 12366 times)

Ciaran84

• Approved Member
protecting sides from scratches and dings
« on: March 02, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
I have a 05 1.4SE model Jazz. One of the most annoying things is there is nothing along the sides to protect from careless (or just rude) carpark neighbours bashing their doors against my paintwork. As a result I have amassed quite the collection of scrapes, scratches, chips and even a couple of slight dings, the most significant being a 4 inch long gash going right down past the undercoat in my drivers door. I would be inclined to repair them, only I know once I do the same will happen again and again. I have looked around Motor Factors for protective strips but they are all in ugly black plastic which would look horribly out of place. Anyone know how i'd get some nice body-coloured buffers attached?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: protecting sides from scratches and dings
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »
Yeah I agree with 'Ciaran84' there are some ar**holes out there who just open their doors with no regard for other peoples cars.

I personally try to find a space thats on its own but not easy as everyone else has the same idea!

But it did come across a door protector in a magazine that you attached to the door. It was magnetic and had cables that you placed inside so no-one nicked them.

Try this:
http://www.cmgdistributions.co.uk/

Ciaran84

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:39:58 PM »
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/www.pawa.pl/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Thats just the place, this item is exactly what i was looking for, very natural looking unlike what Halfords tried to sell me! Nice one.

Cheers also for the help JazzyB!

Geoffers

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
Make sure you fit them on a warm day, and warm them first (the corner ones that is)!

I've had them on both my Jazzes without a problem! :)

guest2125

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 10:16:01 AM »
In South Africa we can get side strips as an accessory from the dealer. I just bought a set for mine. See attached photo of what it looks like.

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest2915

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:34:11 AM »
Has anyone tried these stick on ones? Black may stick out a bit on a Sirius Blue colour and look a bit numpty. I asked the dealer and they quote £250  :o

guest2928

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
I shall have to invest in some of those strips. I really detest people who show no care or regard for other people's property. I do always try to find an end spot, or one out of the way.  Has anybody noticed: the more you make the effort to park alone, the more people you have inches from your door when you return?  >:(

guest2865

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »
What totally p----s me off is the herd instinct.  The car park is very lightly populated but some buffoon needs company and parks inches off your side.  I explained to one I caught doing this, not to worry as I would open the rear hatch and my wife and I could get in and out that way.

These ugly side strips also are contrived to be missed by many doors opening against them and prove to be a 90% waste of money and 100% waste of appearance.

guest2928

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »
Ha! I call it the 'sheep instinct'. Usually, said person is parked diagonally in their space and then fails to notice their alarmingly bad maneuvering abilities on exiting their car. Makes me wonder how some folks coped before power steering...

guest907

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 12:39:12 AM »
And don't you just know that when you park your Jazz lovingly in a parking space at the end with no one else around, when you return what's normally shoe horned in next door...a large 4x4!

guest2915

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »
Ooh that really winds me up. Bad and inconsiderate parking! However, I got a set of genuine side protectors from eBay. The Honda salesman looked at them and said snap the seller's hand off. He personally dislikes the front and rear protectors.

They are ugly but it's all those stupid people who think they have more entitlement to park over the white lines because they have a large car or can't be arsed to park straight who I fear will cause unsightly dings in the doors.

And of course it was never them. How many times have I caught someone doing it and been told "oh you women are very good at fairy stories" laugh, snigger or "you women shouldn't be driving" or the old chestnut "my word perhaps you should get a taxi home as your eye sight is dangerously bad" as told to me by a bloke wearing glasses.

At least I can park straight.  >:(

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »
I think it's a shame that Honda don't fit a protective moulding along the prominent ridge of the doorline as standard (othe Manufacturers do!).  :(

Had my Jazz Hybrid for 2 weeks and got dings on both front doors from other careless door openers
 >:(
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 11:36:43 AM »
In South Africa we can get side strips as an accessory from the dealer. I just bought a set for mine. See attached photo of what it looks like.

Is that an Eastern Cape licence plate I see on your car?
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags: