Author Topic: My Honda+ missing open windows alert & auto door lock  (Read 8683 times)

IceJazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz Advance
My Honda+ missing open windows alert & auto door lock
« on: January 07, 2024, 11:13:24 PM »
Hi all!
Is there a way to be alerted by the app if the car is parked and closed but one or more windows are left down? Today I was surprised when coming back to my car, I found one window open because I didn't closed it properly and didn't checked before leaving, but that's it.

I bought this beautiful car 3 months ago and I love the comfort I feel while I drive it, I like the Honda Sensing and all its smart functions but I feel that some improvement should be made to fully enjoy the car.

Another missing function that I loved on my previous car was the auto door-lock while driving.
I can't find this function in the Jazz, didn't you?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio M2007J3SG utilizzando Tapatalk

Honda Jazz /Mk4/ Advance

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: My Honda+ missing open windows alert & auto door lock
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 12:06:03 AM »
Another missing function that I loved on my previous car was the auto door-lock while driving.
I can't find this function in the Jazz, didn't you?

Auto door-lock is not really safe... If you have an accident and are unconscious in your car, a rescuer cannot open the doors from outside.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 04:04:02 AM »
Whilst I agree about accident access I'd still prefer to have auto lock, Audi's still have it

Sitting at lights and junctions, etc, at the mercy of nearby thieves or worse with all doors and tailgate unlocked is not ideal IMO

I remember years ago, A40, White City, westbound, evening peak jam, there were dozens if not hundreds of thefts from unlocked cars.
One tactic was to target the first car at the lights, open the tailgate/boot, then when driver got out to close it, and left engine running, they'd be in and drive off
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 08:04:02 AM »
The Honda+ app on your phone will let you know if the windows or car is open... but you have to open the app. It doesn't give an audible alert to the fact. Sometimes, while away from the car I have that nagging feeling that I forgot to lock the car, so by opening the phone app it will tell me.

As to the auto door lock (or anti-raid as it is called with Renault) I too miss it. Car jacking for me is more of a concern than getting locked in after an accident.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 08:22:10 AM »
I'm still convinced that it must be possible to auto lock any doors or tailgate in 30 secs, or moving off, if that door hasn't been opened, just like if you've unlocked but not opened any doors and all doors auto lock again

My 9G Civic had a system whereby a single keyfob press just unlocked the driver's door but double press and all doors, tailgate, unlocked

99% of the time I just unlocked the driver's door
Let's be careful out there !

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 09:11:30 AM »
Most auto-lock systems will auto-unlock if the car detects an accident (eg abnormal deceleration). And if you really want to be locked in, isn't there a manual "lock everything" button on the driver's door? Sure, you have to remember to do it, but if you're worried then you're probably thinking about it anyway.

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 10:26:31 AM »
How common is a Jazz carjack? In all my years of driving I've never locked the doors when inside the car.

IceJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2024, 11:02:34 AM »
In my previous BMW, the auto door-lock was a very useful and safe feature and in case of an accident, the doors are automatically unlocked.
I know that this feature is available in other Honda vehicles (Civic for example) and I would like to have the possibility to choose if activate or not on my Jazz...I think that a software upgrade can fix it.

Honda Jazz /Mk4/ Advance

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2024, 11:04:47 AM »
And if you really want to be locked in, isn't there a manual "lock everything" button on the driver's door?

Indeed. Ideal for 'suspicious situations'. Have never been in situations where I considered using it...

IceJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2024, 11:11:38 AM »

The Honda+ app on your phone will let you know if the windows or car is open... but you have to open the app. It doesn't give an audible alert to the fact. Sometimes, while away from the car I have that nagging feeling that I forgot to lock the car, so by opening the phone app it will tell me

Checking with the app if windows or doors are open is possible, as you say, but I think that isn't useful: an alert would be more helpfull, like the way it notify you when drive out of the home area geofence.

Honda Jazz /Mk4/ Advance

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2024, 11:47:58 AM »
I know that this feature is available in other Honda vehicles (Civic for example) and I would like to have the possibility to choose if activate or not on my Jazz...I think that a software upgrade can fix it.

No European Honda model has auto locking on driveaway.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2024, 12:20:32 PM »
How common is a Jazz carjack? In all my years of driving I've never locked the doors when inside the car.

Fortunately, very uncommon... if not at all. However, we are seeing more and more city driving situations whereas 'jacking' is becoming prevalent. Wether it be to steal the car, or to mug the occupants. It is why Renault initiated the system with all their models. I would certainly employ the feature if I ever had cause to visit Londestan.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2024, 12:26:19 PM »

The Honda+ app on your phone will let you know if the windows or car is open... but you have to open the app. It doesn't give an audible alert to the fact. Sometimes, while away from the car I have that nagging feeling that I forgot to lock the car, so by opening the phone app it will tell me

Checking with the app if windows or doors are open is possible, as you say, but I think that isn't useful: an alert would be more helpfull, like the way it notify you when drive out of the home area geofence.

Agreed, an audible alert as you left the car (as I have had with other makes/models would be good). You can though use the phone app to close the windows when you are away from the vehicle. So, if you are sat a few miles away enjoying a coffee, and you get that nagging feeling about leaving the windows/doors open.. open the app, and if you have left them open you can via the app lock them.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2024, 12:50:29 PM »
I would certainly employ the feature if I ever had cause to visit Londestan.

Visit Londewhat?

So, just for you... if you see something like that in the distance:
use that manual button!!!

IceJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2024, 01:16:56 PM »

Agreed, an audible alert as you left the car (as I have had with other makes/models would be good). You can though use the phone app to close the windows when you are away from the vehicle. So, if you are sat a few miles away enjoying a coffee, and you get that nagging feeling about leaving the windows/doors open.. open the app, and if you have left them open you can via the app lock them.

With the app I actually can lock/unlock the doors only in the country where I live (Italy), I don't know if in other countries is also possible to control the windows

Honda Jazz /Mk4/ Advance

Tags:

anything