Author Topic: Had a David Attenborough moment  (Read 816 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Had a David Attenborough moment
« on: July 04, 2021, 07:44:39 PM »
A bit too close for comfort look at nature.

This was a lot closer than it appears in the video.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Had a David Attenborough moment
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 08:20:24 PM »
Wow! :o

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 06:37:50 AM »
Nearly venison for tea! I’ve had a similar close call with a deer driving home on a night, scary stuff.

My friend once obliterated a deer in his old Clio, bent the bonnet a fair bit and left the white paint slightly red. A Land Rover defender pulled up literally 5 minutes later and duly took possession of the deceased!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 08:31:43 AM »
Nearly venison for tea! I’ve had a similar close call with a deer driving home on a night, scary stuff.

My friend once obliterated a deer in his old Clio, bent the bonnet a fair bit and left the white paint slightly red. A Land Rover defender pulled up literally 5 minutes later and duly took possession of the deceased!

IIRC the law is that if you knock over deer, pheasant ( edible animal ) etc.  you cannot retrieve it for eating / sale,  but the guy behind can...  maybe something to do with poaching laws ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 10:19:07 AM »
Blimey that was very close.  :o

I had a deer total my Pug 308 in Jan 2020. I've just checked my dashcam footage, and it was about the same size as the deer in your video, although I was doing 60mph when I hit it. I would post a photo of the damage to my car, but it is not very pleasant.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 10:37:26 AM »
Deer are a particular problem when driving round the Scottish Highlands at night. They don't usually do stuff like this during the day, though.

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 04:22:31 PM »
used to see similar when i used to live on Exmoor plus  owls pheasants by the hundredweight lol and even had a buzzard. scayriest moment was when i had an old mk 1 fiat panda 4/4 one winter in the snow on exmoor was driving down a dark country lane at night and the biggest stag id ever seen reared up just next to the car..bit scary that..

Tags:

anything