Author Topic: Hot off the press . a Couple of hours old. A GOOD HR-V review  (Read 1051 times)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Hot off the press . a Couple of hours old. A GOOD HR-V review
« on: December 03, 2021, 01:13:40 PM »
Albeit by a Honda dealer.Apart from the fact that YET AGAIN, he has the details wrong, calling it a CVT gear box.
Good explanation of the instruments and controls.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: Hot off the press . a Couple of hours old. A GOOD HR-V review
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 02:09:33 PM »
This is supposed to be the "Forum for the 4th generation Honda Jazz from 2020 to present".

It can be really interesting to read about the HR-V in this Jazz forum, especially when it comes to relevant differences or similarities with the Jazz.
However, the question is whether one topic in this forum for the 4th generation Honda Jazz would not be enough. At the moment I already count three topics, which in my humble opinion could very well be combined into one HR-V topic.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 10:52:10 PM »
This is supposed to be the "Forum for the 4th generation Honda Jazz from 2020 to present".

It can be really interesting to read about the HR-V in this Jazz forum, especially when it comes to relevant differences or similarities with the Jazz.
However, the question is whether one topic in this forum for the 4th generation Honda Jazz would not be enough. At the moment I already count three topics, which in my humble opinion could very well be combined into one HR-V topic.
Again -- Boring!!

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »
Agree. B O R I N G!! If you don't like the HR-V DON'T LOOK!! Simple!

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 10:13:16 AM »
Agree. B O R I N G!! If you don't like the HR-V DON'T LOOK!! Simple!

But WHY is it here?  Can't HR-V aficianados get their own forum?

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 10:30:47 AM »

Jazzik has a relevant point here. All he's saying is that (somehow) the posts should be consolidated into a single thread if possible.

I'm really interested in reading about the HR-V and about Karoq's forthcoming experiences, but HR-V posts are starting to dominate the listings temporarily (6 out of 16 are on the HR-V). Not a huge problem, but new joiners could be dissuaded for example.

I just joined a FB UK Honda Jazz club and 90% of posts are about modding Mk1/Mk2 Jazz with nothing about Mk4s!

Of course, I'll probably turn into a big hypocrite when the next CR-V comes along (I'm interested in one to replace our main car) but I think it's a bit off to dismiss Jazzik's point as "boring" when it's perfectly valid!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 10:34:46 AM by Jayt43 »

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 01:05:24 PM »
There is an HR-V section on this forum, but nobody ever seems to read it.
Everything I post on here I also put on
https://www.hrvforums.co.uk/
The main reason for (me) putting H-V stuff here is for those who want to compare the two cars, since the platform and OS are similar. I was just trying to be helpful.

Since it seems to be causing such consternation I will cease putting full articles on here and merely make a post saying "New Hr-V content onhttps://www.hrvforums.co.uk/"
Does that make everyone happy?? I hope it will stop Jazzik having a nervous breakdown. ;D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 02:59:54 PM »
The main reason for (me) putting H-V stuff here is for those who want to compare the two cars, since the platform and OS are similar. I was just trying to be helpful.

Once again, I said:

However, the question is whether one topic in this forum for the 4th generation Honda Jazz would not be enough.

And as for:

I hope it will stop Jazzik having a nervous breakdown. ;D

Thanks for the compassion , but luckily it's not necessary. I'm far from a nervous breakdown...

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 08:57:02 PM »

Since it seems to be causing such consternation I will cease putting full articles on here and merely make a post saying "New Hr-V content onhttps://www.hrvforums.co.uk/"
Does that make everyone happy?? I hope it will stop Jazzik having a nervous breakdown. ;D

I’m thinking of posting my experiences of owning  Skoda Citygo, MX-5, and BMWX1 on the basis ‘being cars’ that people can compare them to the Jazz. Maybe the name of the forum could b changed Form ClubJazz to ClubAnyCarYouWant? 😀

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 10:03:30 PM »
Well it is actually called "Clubjazz - Honda Jazz & HR-V Forums"

There is an area named "Honda HR-V 2015-"

Maybe the moderator should create yet another one called "Honda HR-V 2021-" and move the topics there so we can stop this silly bickering and get on with using the forums for what they are intended.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 10:04:55 PM »
I’m thinking of posting my experiences of owning  Skoda Citygo, MX-5, and BMWX1 on the basis ‘being cars’ that people can compare them to the Jazz. Maybe the name of the forum could b changed Form ClubJazz to ClubAnyCarYouWant? 😀

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 11:38:37 PM »

... Just point out how many of those cars you mention are full hybrids from Honda based on the Jazz platform.

Tags: