Author Topic: Big feet  (Read 1173 times)

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
Big feet
« on: July 29, 2021, 08:50:43 PM »
Since I hurt my knees I have had to put both my feet out of the car so I can stand up  on both legs.
The trouble is that trying to get my size 14 feet out of the car is difficult .
I dont have this problem on the MK4 but do I have to buy one just because I have big feet?
Can the drivers seat be put back any further?

WelshBeauty

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSi SE
Re: Big feet
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 11:28:09 PM »
Do you have to buy one? The answer is probably not if you don't want to.
Why would a Honda Jazz mk 4 be any better or worse than any other similar size car?

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:52:24 AM »
At present I  have to take my shoes off to get out of the car or recline the seat so I sit on the back.
Unless I can get the car modified it means changing it.
I have found that the MK4 has much more rooom than the MK3 so it would be my first choice

Jon R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 04:02:47 PM »
Hi edam.
I've copied a reply that I gave to another members post over a year ago.
Hope is of use.
Good luck, Jon.
I am Disabled, and movement of my left leg has made operation of clutch very difficult, hence, my Mk 3 Sport is CVT.  Being my first Jazz, which has ample legroom for my 6"2 hefty frame, I have found that left knee was just a tad uncomfortable while resting on the 'dead' pedal to the left of the foot well. I explored the possibility of modifying the seat rails to enable the drivers seat to move back about an inch, which I thought, would have been perfect. There are  members of the US based FitFreek? site who have posted videos on how to do this, but due to my cars existing warranty, I decided against it. Please also be aware that your cars' insurance cover may be void if you do such a modification. End satisfactory result for me, is that got my drivers seat rails replaced by a registered Car adaptive controls company only 2 miles from where I live. Cost was not cheap, even with VAT exemption: £400!
Drivers seat now moves back a further 3 inches, and retains full forward and recline standard positions. Insurance company were notified, and I did not incur any additional cost.

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 10:10:23 AM »
I dont need a new car or have my  seat modifed I just use a old belt to lift my leg out of the car.

There are purpose made "Leg Lifters" but the old belt works

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »
I am thinking of getting the drivers seat moved back but it looks like I will no longer be able to put the rear seats down flat. So I would loose the main reason for owning a Jazz.

Im trying to remember if the MK2 I previously owned had more leg room than my present MK3. so that could be a possible option. I have my eyes on a low milegage MK2 which I may look at
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:09:13 PM by edam »

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 10:07:46 AM »
I am thinking of getting the drivers seat moved back but it looks like I will no longer be able to put the rear seats down flat. So I would loose the main reason for owning a Jazz.

Im trying to remember if the MK2 I previously owned had more leg room than my present MK3. so that could be a possible option. I have my eyes on a low milegage MK2 which I may look at

I too would always prefer the option to take the seat as far back as possible, regardless of rear legroom/space. The driver is number one for me. However, I suspect the designers faced the usual dilemma and the law of averages prevailed.

Tags:

anything