Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Big feet
« Last post by WelshBeauty on July 29, 2021, 11:28:09 PM »
Do you have to buy one? The answer is probably not if you don't want to.
Why would a Honda Jazz mk 4 be any better or worse than any other similar size car?
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Covid 19 enquiry.
« Last post by WelshBeauty on July 29, 2021, 11:09:50 PM »
The government have agreed to a public enquiry into the handling of the Covid 19 pandemic. It will not start until spring next year and will last for over a year by which time we all hope things will back to normal.. It will be chaired by some fat cat lawyer who will be paid several 100k pounds for his services. What will this enquiry achieve, everyone in the NHS should have learnt by their mistakes by then, if any and will, hopefully, have taken on board what could have been done better. Are the government looking for someone to blame because if they are they are not the only ones, there is already a group seeking 'justice' over the handling of the Covid crisis, what do they mean by 'justice', compensation?

Vic.
I have sometimes wondered why Matt Hancock was allowed to continue for so long. But, was it not useful to Boris, et al. to leave a buffoon in charge to take the wrap. That was until he his love-life was exposed.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Screen set-up without draining 12v. battery
« Last post by Hugh R on July 29, 2021, 11:09:05 PM »
I can't find where I read this but am I right in thinking that to sit in the car and set the many screen options will put a drain on the 12v battery. Then I think I read it's possible to press the start button twice quickly and this will bring in the hybrid battery (without starting the engine) thus alleviating the strain on the 12v. Can someone please confirm this procedure and if it's possible.  Thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: AutoExpress - Crosstar v Dacia Sandero Stepway
« Last post by Hicardo on July 29, 2021, 10:10:34 PM »
I read it.  it was a godawful review, totally biased and misrepresenting.   :o :o

they'd clearly already decided which car was going to win the test, as one car was 9k cheaper....done deal before the test started.   

in their crooked assessment, they conveniently seemed to disregard the following

Jazz is superior with regard to....
- engineering
- technology
- NCAP safety
- quality materials
- driver aids
- fit and finish
- performance
- handling
- overall carrying capacity / adaptability
- interior ambience
- storage spaces in cabin
- instrumentation
- infotainment
- rear legroom
- green credentials
- on road economy

they rated the sandero infotainment as better than the jazz, which is laughable...just looking at the pictures will tell you that ;D

the ONLY thing the Dacia has going for it in direct comparison is PRICE, both initial and 3 year cost

- they bullshitted about why a 2 star NCAP score was still ok - that in itself will rule it out for many.  would I buy a 2 star NCAP car for my wife....absolutely not

just an incredibly one-eyed piece of nonsense.  even if you've already decided the outcome AE on the basis of cost, at least have the decency to highlight which car is clearly the superior vehicle.  then at least people can make an informed decision of what is important to them

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: cross-threaded - (warning)
« Last post by culzean on July 29, 2021, 09:26:49 PM »
That's why I use a vacuum oil extractor, the Jazz cast alloy sump looks expensive and vulnerable to thread damage. I think many garages use pumps to change oil these days.

so do you put the pipe down the filler or after removing the bung to get all the remaining oil out?

im intrigued  ???

I use a vacuum extractor it comes with a pipe that fits down dipstick tube ( like those plastic covered springs used to hang net curtains ) , reached bottom of sump, I measure what comes out and what goes in,  it sucks everything out.  This screwfix one looks exactly the same as the Sealey 6 litre one I have used for about 5 years now, but cheaper.  No need to go near the sump plug

https://www.screwfix.com/p/oil-fluid-extractor-6ltr/21663?kpid=21663&ds_kid=92700031520411331&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1243318&ds_kid=92700031520411331&msclkid=f3cf95c4172615984928f4c7183a7c06&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PX_Shopping_Auto%20%26%20Cleaning&utm_term=4583863977261301&utm_content=G%20-%20Everything%20Else&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=f3cf95c4172615984928f4c7183a7c06&gclsrc=3p.ds
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Cooling for the Hybrid Battery
« Last post by Gamifier on July 29, 2021, 09:25:56 PM »
Hello,
What if doonít have a garage and i live in a hot country..car most oof the time having a sunbath..the battery wonít last long?
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Covid 19 enquiry.
« Last post by culzean on July 29, 2021, 09:24:03 PM »
Truly shocking video,  the SARS spike protein that binds to human lung ACE2 receptors was patented in USA in 2002.  In 2015 Moderna talked about the amount of money to be made from a vaccine to a virus that they make, and have patented.  The smear campaign against Oxford / AZ vaccine now makes sense,  AZ were undercutting the profits of Moderns and Pfizer et al...

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: cross-threaded - (warning)
« Last post by fatlad on July 29, 2021, 09:15:37 PM »
That's why I use a vacuum oil extractor, the Jazz cast alloy sump looks expensive and vulnerable to thread damage. I think many garages use pumps to change oil these days.

so do you put the pipe down the filler or after removing the bung to get all the remaining oil out?

im intrigued  ???
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Big feet
« Last post by edam on July 29, 2021, 08:50:43 PM »
Since I hurt my knees I have had to put both my feet out of the car so I can stand up  on both legs.
The trouble is that trying to get my size 14 feet out of the car is difficult .
I dont have this problem on the MK4 but do I have to buy one just because I have big feet?
Can the drivers seat be put back any further?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Car washing and Jet wash ?
« Last post by peteo48 on July 29, 2021, 08:28:20 PM »
For car cleaning only use a pressure washer that has a dedicated car wash setting. Otherwise the risk of damage is great.  I wouldn't risk it on my car.
The pressure depends on the type of nozzle on the lance, donít use a Ďturboí nozzle only use one about 40 degrees and itís easier if you use a foam cannon or prewash first.
All detailers use pressure washers without trouble.
Iíve never heard of a dedicated car wash setting. Which washers have this?
I bought a Karcher pressure washer to clean the drive and patio and it has a car wash setting although I have never used it to wash the car, too much bother.  I just use a hose, two buckets and a sponge, then then apply some wet wax as I dry it to maintain the shine. That's good enough for me.

Yes - you can overthink this stuff. I think I've mentioned this before either on this forum or somewhere else but we have a friend with a 20 plus year old Mercedes CLK (I think - not seen it for some time but a two seater convertible). She washes it with Fairy Liquid twice a month and, once a year, polishes it with a cheapo polish from Halfords - it looks immaculate although I guess closer examination would show a few swirl marks.

I must have £250 plus worth of car care products in my shed - I'll never use this lot in the rest of my driving career. I think I've watched too many You Tube videos!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10