Author Topic: Seat covers  (Read 1603 times)

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
Seat covers
« on: November 13, 2020, 10:03:27 PM »
Finally got some seat covers from eBay for the Jazz. Original started to worn out and was going to buy a couple of front seats from eBay but was worried about the compatibility plus the costs.

Thanks to members on the MK4 forum, got into the Japanese website and saw some good stuff. Unfortunately was worried about side airbags as many of the GE does have them as standard.

So back to eBay and found lux-ride. Was always not sure how good they are but after a few emails, signed on the dotted line and here they are. They come in different colours and combination.

They backrest and head fitted quite well. Seat cushion needs adjusting and didn't fit as the shape of the side support but t's not too bad. The material is man made leather and shame about buying online, as you can't really feel the material-would have probably paid a bit more for nicer material. But at £69, I can't complaint as they were tailored made.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 10:47:05 AM by 123Drive! »

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Re: Seat covers
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 01:24:25 PM »

Interesting. I have been thinking about getting a dark (preferably matching) seat cover for the driver's seat only but the airbag thing is a complication. The velour style upholstery is just not as hard wearing as the more conventional weave used on most cars. Do you have any links for any of the sites you looked at? Thanks.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 01:34:52 PM »
The only thing to watch is .... do your seats have built in outer airbags ?

My Civic does so any seat covers need to have open sides where the bags would expand into.

Let's be careful out there !

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 02:52:41 PM »
The only thing to watch is .... do your seats have built in outer airbags ?

My Civic does so any seat covers need to have open sides where the bags would expand into.

I think these have breakable stitching that gives way upon airbag deployment, where required.

123Drive!

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 12:54:29 AM »

Interesting. I have been thinking about getting a dark (preferably matching) seat cover for the driver's seat only but the airbag thing is a complication. The velour style upholstery is just not as hard wearing as the more conventional weave used on most cars. Do you have any links for any of the sites you looked at? Thanks.

If you copy and paste the Japanese below it will take you to many interesting seat covers.

ホンダ フィット シートカバー ge

But personally, stick to the eBay seller lux-ride. His seat covers all have airbags compatible and has different colours to choose from.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 05:51:50 AM »
I was looking Clazzio leather seat covers http://www.clazzio.com/ until I found that most parts of the covers are actually vinyl, not real animal leather. Good thing is that colours of stitches could be selected.

Tags: