Author Topic: Jazz 2014 EX-What to look out for?  (Read 1639 times)

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
Jazz 2014 EX-What to look out for?
« on: October 24, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »
My pupil is test driving a EX 2014 21k miles manual tomorrow at a main dealer. £7490. He asks me what to look out specific on a Jazz this age. I said made sure the airbags have been recalled and that the boot isn't wet. Apart from that my 2009 ES didn't have other any issues except the i-shift needing a new actuator which doesn't apply to him. Any other things to look out for?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Jazz 2014 EX-What to look out for?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 12:03:19 PM »
First off check the MOT history on Govt website.
Ask to see the specific HPI Experian check on vehicle history, their asking price seems high
Its all about condition, mileage and any invoices to back up the servicing.
Look around the car for new paint.
Is there a spare wheel, jack & tools in boot.
Check tyres do you recognise the make are they all they same .
Drive for 30mins over familiar route.
Bargain hard there are 100's of use cars around , November is the lowest sales month so maybe wait a week or so.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 12:18:39 PM »
As olduser says, there are loads of cars out there at this time of year, and into November. While main dealers are trying to keep the prices up, you can certainly be ultra picky and bargain hard.

The trade is flooded with 3/4 year old cars coming off PCPs.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 12:50:00 PM »
Presuming the car itself is ok, I'm assuming it's a main dealer Honda approved etc. The best thing is to chisel away at the price, mention examples that are similar spec & condition that are cheaper elsewhere and that you can't justify paying extra for a similar car. I've found you have to be prepared to walk away to get the best deal and have done so only to find a phone message at home agreeing to what I want. As mentioned above there are other cars and other dealers you can use, salesmen's jobs are on the line and yours aren't, also being prepared to make a deal on the spot can help get you a better deal if you've done your homework before going in as they don't want you going elsewhere. Also every unsold car in stock is costing them money, it's not costing you anything.

123Drive!

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »
Thanks for all your help. Car is from main Dealer with 12 mths warranty and serviced, MOT done in September 2019, FSH. Car was in excellent condition. Drives like a new car. Looked at everything, and seems all working. So discuss the deal, aim for £7000 but obviously usual excuses. Got it down to £7350 but he wanted us to do Superguard, £160 instead of £310. In the end push for free next service, floor mats and tank of petrol. He could not do it so politely said we will leave and think about it . Of course didn't even let us stand up and said he will speak to manager and deal agreed.

There were cheaper elsewhere at Ford dealer 100 miles away but this is local and you expect a bit more in London and Honda dealer. Anyway, not my money so as long as my pupil is happy, that's good!

Nice weekend everyone.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 12:21:01 PM »
Dealerships make £££ on add ons you can apply the same polish for elbow grease or buy a Autoglym kit off E bay.
Go onto Autorader add the Jazz reg details you car will then have a better idea of its value out in the used market.
If you were nearer I'd pop along to help with the deal.

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 01:19:36 PM »
Hi,
If the car has the goo for repairing punctures instead of a spare wheel make sure it is in date as it has a shelf life of 5 years. Also make sure it has the electric pump, the attachements and the jack. If you have to use it you are supposed to jack the wheel up, remove the valve, squirt the goo in using the special attachments, spin the wheel to spread the goo then pump up the tyre. Alternatively buy a spare wheel 😁,
Chris

123Drive!

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 09:54:06 PM »
Hi,
If the car has the goo for repairing punctures instead of a spare wheel make sure it is in date as it has a shelf life of 5 years. Also make sure it has the electric pump, the attachements and the jack. If you have to use it you are supposed to jack the wheel up, remove the valve, squirt the goo in using the special attachments, spin the wheel to spread the goo then pump up the tyre. Alternatively buy a spare wheel 😁,
Chris

Cheers, all done Chris as I have a Jazz, so I Checked the pump etc.

Tags:

anything