Author Topic: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?  (Read 206214 times)

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Reply #555 on: March 18, 2021, 06:55:46 AM »
Agreed. Our kid had a difficult period commuting from here, near Bradford, to Sheffield. Some very crowded motorway but it demonstrated that trying to keep up to 70 cut only a few minutes from the journey and used a lot more fuel.

By the way the rough running I mentioned was because the new EGR was faulty. Autodoc has a Teutonic warranty procedure that takes weeks. Still hopefully I'll get my money back as it seems I didn't need the EGR anyway.

Meanwhile I put a revs display on the OBDII reader. I noticed my tick over was 750, after an oil change it's 650.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

billyausten

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE3 Jazz Sport
« Reply #556 on: March 26, 2021, 06:48:48 PM »
First full tank used since getting our sport. I'm very pleased to report that the car averaged a calculated 49.6mpg over 374 mixed miles. The car itself indicated 50.1 over the same distance. All in I can't complain with that.
Current: '08 GE3 Sport, '97 CE1 Aerodeck 2.2iES
Previous Hondas: CA5 CC1 EE8 EE9 CC9 CH1 ED7 ZE1 CN1 CE1. - Non Honda: E-RNN14 GTiR E-BNR32 GTR

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #557 on: March 26, 2021, 07:05:36 PM »
That's not too shabby at all. It will improve as you get used to the car and as the weather gets warmer.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #558 on: March 27, 2021, 11:41:04 AM »
I've also cottoned on to the lower stress when dawdling along at 60mph or whatever the case is, much safer and far more relaxing.

I actually can't believe I used to be so manic on the road, you barely get there faster, especially in urban areas and your stress levels go through the roof.

Me too. I used to zoom about all over, I was terrible for setting off too late and cutting it fine.

I now appreciate a more leisurely drive, and try not to worry about time. As they say, "better off late in this world than early in the next".

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #559 on: March 27, 2021, 12:11:59 PM »

I now appreciate a more leisurely drive, and try not to worry about time. As they say, "better off late in this world than early in the next".

Aye, we're all getting a bit older.
Pity that more people don't think the same way.

Scotty

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2005
« Reply #560 on: April 06, 2021, 12:08:59 PM »
About 47 mpg on everyday usage. I drove 50 miles the other day sticking to about 60mph and got 54mpg.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #561 on: April 06, 2021, 03:29:42 PM »
About 47 mpg on everyday usage. I drove 50 miles the other day sticking to about 60mph and got 54mpg.
These are pretty good numbers. Are these calculated figures or from the "Fibometer" (dashboard display).?
Fuelly.com is a great place to store and calculate your fuel efficiency.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #562 on: April 10, 2021, 01:24:52 PM »
A week ago, my 2006 1.4Dsi covered 485 miles in a day driving at a typical 55 mph including long sections of the  M11 and A1M when the roads were traffic-free.  re-brimming the tank at 427 miles  calculated  consumption at  60.1 mpg, the fibometer (trip meter mpg) over-read by a couple of mpg compared to the tank rebrim method

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #563 on: April 10, 2021, 01:56:06 PM »
Those are good figures - shows how keeping the speed below 70 pays dividends.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #564 on: April 10, 2021, 04:54:13 PM »
Excellent numbers. I can manage that in the summer, but I never get more than 40 miles at a stint. 485 miles in a day is a long drive. What was it? 10 hours behind the wheel?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #565 on: April 17, 2021, 08:53:04 PM »
For the first time in a while, the "Fibometer" is currently registering 60 mpg for this tankful. What a difference the warm, dry weather makes.

DomnicZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 1.4 SE MK1
« Reply #566 on: April 20, 2021, 08:47:44 PM »
My most recent fuel up was a pathetic 34.4 MPG (36.9 Fibo) . A far cry from the 50 I managed last summer. Although I’m barely driving, and do only short journeys thanks to WFH, I felt something was wrong , I read somewhere on here that it could be a sticking brake pad. And sure enough that was the culprit. Turns out a rear caliper was stuck. £300 later I have a new caliper and all 4 new discs and pads . (The front ones were previously warped causing vibration hence got all 4 changed). I’m still doing limited driving, but the MPG has risen to 42MPG after about 60 miles. Hopefully will return to 50s in summer.
My Jazz: 2004 CVT

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #567 on: April 21, 2021, 11:05:41 AM »
Under normal circumstances a sizeable dip in mpg triggers a search for a cause but at the moment that can be hidden. I am up to 80 miles a day now but it looks like not for much longer.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #568 on: April 23, 2021, 07:57:48 PM »
After two tankfulls of super unleaded (thanks to Sainsbury's money off fuel vouchers!) my mpg improved although going back to normal unleaded has had no effect. Therefore, it appears that whilst super unleaded hasn't improved mpg over normal 95RON unleaded, it perhaps 'cleans' the system out.

My trip computer is now reading at fill-up around 48/49mpg, often staying in the 50's for fair amount of miles.
For years I have always filled with the enhanced octane fuel at Tesco, avoiding the regular cheaper fuel on the same pump.
Last week I had to fill with "regular" at a BP station, caught in the middle of nowhere,  do you know the car ran better on the BP regular, gear changes ( manual; gearbox) were cleaner and more polished,  the engine being less "snappy" and revvy in respobse to  the accelerator pedal, and the car seemed to pull better on slight upward  inclines in top at 30 mph avoiding the need to change down from 5th to 4th.
Can anyone else support this finding?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #569 on: April 23, 2021, 08:31:37 PM »
I found the same, even going from Morrisons 95 RON to 97 RON. I also found slightly improved mpg but not enough to make the change financially viable. Shell and BP fuels are just so prohibitively expensive I would only use them if stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Tags: