Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spare Bulbs for Mk.4
« Last post by Pogglefish on October 20, 2021, 11:38:23 PM »
For France I have a selection of spare bulbs from cars dating back 25 years that  I might show to a curious Gendarme if necessary, albeit none of them would likely fit on my current Jazz; you can’t carry spare LED’s. In truth bulbs have never been an issue there; I’ve never been inspected for them in 30 years of driving there.

The current Jazz doesn’t need adhesive headlight adjusters for wrong-side driving (that’s in the manual somewhere).

For France you DO need a hi viz jacket for everyone in the car, kept in the cabin not the boot. (I keep mine in the boot most of the time and move them to the seat back pockets when in France.

Also you need a French government pollution category sticker to drive in many big cities. These may be purchased from the French government website for £4. The mk3 and mk4 Jazz are both category 1 (the cleanest after pure electrics).

Also note that as of 21 September 2021 the UK’s Vienna Convention identifier has been changed from GB to UK and (obviously) Council of Europe emblems on registration plates are no longer valid. Cover over stickers can be bought fir number plates or displaying Eurostars and GB on the number plate is still fine if a separate UK oval sticker is applied to the back of the car.

- Pogglefish

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Trouble connecting Android smart phone to 22YM car
« Last post by shufty on October 20, 2021, 11:15:01 PM »
...Picked the car up this evening  :D Had a quick go but was unsuccessful getting Android Auto to work, wired or wireless. Updated to Android 12 this morning so assuming that's the culprit as I was able to connect wirelessly on Android 11 in the test drive vehicle.

Anyone had any success with Android 12?

Phone is Pixel 3 xl.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: RDMS and winter
« Last post by Jazzik on October 20, 2021, 11:12:54 PM »
My suggestion without getting too pedantic  ;): Book a test drive and experience the difference for yourself. You may also wonder why Honda thinks up 2 names and different controls...
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / On screens brightness
« Last post by Pogglefish on October 20, 2021, 11:11:56 PM »
Hi All

Just thought I’d report on my week of trial and error with the screens brightness, perhaps helping some other new owners.

Please note this applies to the SR spec (big media screen) and up models; not sure about the base trim’s media screen.

Anyway the manual is woefully inadequate in this respect so:

1) The main dashboard screen brightness control controls both the speedo screen and the media screen. The media screen’s touchscreen brightness control ONLY affects the media screen and ONLY relative to the main dashboard brightness setting.

2) The main dashboard brightness control does nothing to the speedo screen during the day, but will dim or brighten the media screen.

3) If the main brightness is set to maximum, then both the speedo screen and the media screen will STAY IN DAY MODE irrespective of how dark it is outside.

4) In all other settings the car will put both screens in night mode if it thinks it is night time. The main control will adjust both screens at night, and turning up to max will put them back into day mode. However the car will auto-adjust as well, dimming both screens if it is very dark outside.

5) In night mode the media screen can be quite dim relative to the speedo screen, to the pont that if not completely dark outside (e.g. at dusk) it can be quite hard to read. This may be rectified by turning the touchscreen brightness control of the media screen’s night mode up (I set it to one below the max).

Hope that’s helpful; it certainly took me a while to figure out.

- Pogglefish

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: RDMS and winter
« Last post by ColinB on October 20, 2021, 10:20:37 PM »
So, in terms of functionality, they are both doing the same thing which is trying to keep the car within a lane.

No, simply put LKAS will keep you above 45mph in your lane while RDMS will keep you on the road.

Without wishing to get too pedantic, they are the same thing. Staying on the road amounts to staying in lane; it's just that the nearside of the lane is bounded by a road edge or verge rather than a white line.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Maximal sleeping area?
« Last post by WelshBeauty on October 20, 2021, 10:15:54 PM »
The Chevanne was branded as a Bedford.

Vauxhall Motor subsidiary Bedford Vehicles introduced a small commercial vehicles in 1976 based on the Vauxhall Chevette called the Bedford Chevanne.    . . . . . . . according to Google.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: A few questions….comments appreciated
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on October 20, 2021, 10:09:54 PM »
There have been several topics on here about using 'B' or 'D', there doesn't seem to be a right or wrong it's just a matter of personal preference, I personally only use 'B' going downhill or when slowing down quickly.

I have ECO on all the time, it does make a small difference to economy and the performance is still pretty good.

Don't think there's any 'running in' requirement.
« Last post by Bazzzer on October 20, 2021, 10:09:39 PM »
The Chevanne was branded as a Bedford.
« Last post by Nigel on October 20, 2021, 09:38:12 PM »
As the OP hasn't commented yet there is time to reminisce.  In UK the Vauxhall Chevette was sold as a 3 door hatchback, a 3 door estate and a 2 or 4 door saloon.  None were called the Chevanne but I believe they were mechanically similar to the Opel Kadett sold in Germany and probably elsewhere.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: A few questions….comments appreciated
« Last post by Nigel on October 20, 2021, 09:23:27 PM »
I use B all the time now and like its greater braking effect when the throttle is lifted.  I believe this delivers better economy - average consumption so far 72.2 mpg.  I'm pursuing the clock i-phone issue through my dealer's technical department and will report back.  In my case it's more than the clock - there are also Waze and Google Maps Apple Car Play issues.  None of these problems exist with my wife's Android phone and Android Auto. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10