Author Topic: e:Ny1  (Read 32950 times)

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
Re: e:Ny1
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2023, 01:05:09 PM »
The majority of younger people I work with don’t bother to work out the cost of buying their cars on pcps . Oh it’s £600 month ….and what’s the interest you pay on your 3 year old shiny 3series or a4 …?? It’s 10 or 12 %…. I stopped trying to explain… warranty that you have to pay the claim for before they argue against the warranty providers small print … they buy a car costing easily £40 to 50k new and wonder why they get repair bills of thousands . Naturally the increase in mortgage rates has made their finances too scary . Many of us recall mortgages rates of 13 and 14 % that we barely managed to pay running cars costing a couple of hundred £s . Ho hum

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2023, 01:36:39 PM »
I remember my mortgage being 14% in 1983, but, much to their dismay today, my house was only £28k
Let's be careful out there !

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2023, 10:00:37 AM »
It was a shock when my Toyota Yaris broke the £10K  barrier back in 2007. More than my first house .   And my mk4 Jazz broke the £20K barrier  -( partly due to hybrid tech and a higher spec than I would normally have chosen)   

£44K  :o   You know things are bad when they emphasise  deposit contribution  and % APR figures instead. .
WE bought our first house in 1969. £4k. We could have bought a new E Type Jaguar for £2k and a Mini for £600

I recall 30% infaltion and 14% morgages in 1975
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 10:02:14 AM by madasafish »

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2023, 10:15:35 AM »
I think I can do slightly better. My first house in 1962, (in fact I'm still in it), Cost £2475.
My latest Jazz has cost more than 11 times the price of the house.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2023, 11:02:26 AM »
I have spoken to some of my chums in the trade and they reckon if Honda are going to continue with this moronic pricing structure, it will be the death of Honda in the U.K.
Honda Australia is already loosing market share hand over fist and it looks a s though they may withdraw from the antipodes.
the e:Ny1 is basically an electric HR-V with a SMALLER! boot.
an average range, unspectacular charging speeds and does not review well so far.
I read the triple Whatcar review on the Tesla 3Vs the BYD Dolphin Vs the ID7.
There cold weather ranges, and their miles per Kw were pathetic compared to my 72 reg eNiro from which I get 4 miles MORE than Kia quote (294 against 282quoted) in the cold weather and I get 313 miles in the summer.
My average miles per Kw is 4.4 cross country keeping up to all speed limits including 70MPH.
Anyone considering a BYD should do a lot of research. They have some good points and some not so good. The Dolphin is about the same price as the Honda e:NY1 but is much larger with a huge range.
There are smaller and cheaper BYD's.
Here is the Whatcar triple review.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2023, 11:09:47 AM »

[/quote]
Mini for £600
[/quote]

That's £10,000 in today's money
You get what you pay for.
Cars back then we're unreliable and rust buckets, I had a Vauxhall Chevette, you could see the road though the floor,  as for technology, there wasn't even a radio.  :D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2023, 12:20:25 PM »
I read the triple Whatcar review on the Tesla 3Vs the BYD Dolphin Vs the ID7.
............/.........
The Dolphin is about the same price as the Honda e:NY1 but is much larger with a huge range.
There are smaller and cheaper BYD's.

I'm afraid you're a little confused. The test concerns the BYD Seal, not the Dolphin.
The BYD Dolphin:
is a bit smaller than the Honda e:NY1, but much, much cheaper.
The Dolphin 150kW 60.4kWh you can have from £29,311:
https://www.carwow.co.uk/byd/dolphin#gref
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 12:42:46 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2023, 01:06:24 PM »
Just responding to Karoq's post above I, too, have wondered if Honda will go the way of Mitsubishi and cease selling cars in the UK. Our local Honda dealership, here in Warrington, has taken on an MG franchise and, if you enter the showroom, Honda now has a corner with the bulk of the showroom given over to MG.

Holdcroft, who own the garage, will be protecting their interests and diversifying. They don't seem, on the face of it, to believe Honda has any long term future in the UK.

Thinking of the truly monstrous price of the e:Ny1 it reminds me of a quote I got to redecorate our main bedroom (not a straightforward job to be fair). It was comically large - we are talking thousands - they obviously didn't want the job and Honda don't want the sales.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2023, 01:16:16 PM »
Maybe Honda departing uk Swindon when it ended its production there is a sign of Honda s future plans . Contrast with Nissan in Sunderland investing in EVs and GIGa battery plants . Uk isn’t a large market for Honda in their global numbers

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2023, 03:10:55 PM »
Our dealership (DM Keith) in Lincolnshire seems to be concentrating more toward SEAT now. I think they will probably relegate Honda to the back of the lot... but as long as they honour my 5 year service plan (and beyond) 100%, then I will be happy.

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2023, 03:44:18 PM »
The Honda E in my hands for a year, whilst a terrific city car, was very disappointing in efficiency, averaging just 3 mile/kWh over the 12 months, whereas my Jazz has average nearly 57mpg over the same 1 year period with similar use. I expected a small EV city focused car to have an efficiency far above that of much bigger EV's.
It therefore did not surprise me to see the mediocre efficiency of the e:Ny1.
What was Honda thinking to launch a new EV that from day one falls far short of its competition.
Sometimes the looks sways potential buyers, but for me that's a miss as well. 

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2023, 04:11:50 PM »
Just out of interest I looked up the 11G Civic in the US

I know it's not a hybrid over there so not a direct comparison but converting the 'from' price in £ they start from just under £20k

Honda UK pricing is almost double that
Let's be careful out there !

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2023, 04:23:43 PM »
The Honda E in my hands for a year, whilst a terrific city car, was very disappointing in efficiency, averaging just 3 mile/kWh over the 12 months.

Speaking to a colleague of mine this morning, he tells me, his Tesla, now 3 years old, is still averaging  6 miles/kwh.
Charging overnight at around 7p/kwh, which has got be cheap motoring.
I thought I was doing well,  getting 84mpg on my regular trip, from Solihull to Stratford-on-avon, with my Advance Jazz, but I can’t compete with that. :o
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:52:24 PM by Kenneve »

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2023, 06:01:43 PM »
Honda will introduce 30 new EVs globally by 2030 with a global sales volume of 2 million units
Honda will present the world premiere of its new EV series for global markets as a part of its exhibit at CES 2024, which will be held January 9-12, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.

https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-corporate/releases/honda-to-debut-all-new-global-ev-series-at-ces-2024

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2023, 06:21:52 PM »
Our dealership (DM Keith) in Lincolnshire seems to be concentrating more toward SEAT now. I think they will probably relegate Honda to the back of the lot... but as long as they honour my 5 year service plan (and beyond) 100%, then I will be happy.

Tags:

anything