Author Topic: Considering buying Mk3 2016 1.3 EX CVT  (Read 1814 times)

Akhilv

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Civic
Considering buying Mk3 2016 1.3 EX CVT
« on: May 22, 2019, 12:40:38 PM »
Dear Club,

I am new to this and am in the market for a small auto.

I have been considering a 2016 Jazz CVT in the EX or EX Navi Spec as I like what the car comes with.

I would be ever so grateful if you guys could share your thoughts on the car (ride, quality, reliability, noise) and what I should look out for when buying. I only want to buy the car from a Honda dealer though and don’t know if the Mk2 is more reliable than the Mk3.

I want a car that will be cheap to run, reliable and wont cost much in servicing/ gearbox oil changes.

We do own a 2008 civic which has been okay (with some issues back in the past).

p.s I am also debating if I should look at a yaris hybrid or not……

Really appreciate your opinions.

Regards,

Akhil.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Considering buying Mk3 2016 1.3 EX CVT
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 01:32:42 PM »
I've had both Mk2 and Mk 3 Jazz, and they've both been 100% reliable over 100,000 miles between them.  I think the Mk3 ride is better.  Looks are a personal matter, and I think the Mk2 was more attractive, but it doesn't matter when you're inside it!  Mk3 has more rear seat leg-room, with a slightly shorter but taller boot space.  I can't comment on the Yaris hybrid, but I think you'll find it smaller inside, and I particularly value the rear seat fold flexibility in the Jazz.
On servicing, I have always had a contract, so the cost is known in advance.  My local dealer provides Honda roadside assistance at no extra cost, which gives peace of mind.  The cvt gearbox oil is changed alternate years as part of the contract.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:01:38 PM by Downsizer »

thehazzard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:07:30 PM »
I have a 2017 EX Model and absolutely love it. Having come from a totally different car, a Suzuki Ignis Sport, the ride and comfortability is second to none. I like to modify my cars, and to be honest, even though i vowed to not modify the Jazz, i am certain i won't be. The suspension set up is very good, comfortable and handles bumps etc well. The steering, although there is some body roll as to be expected, but steering is light and responsive. I have the CVT as well and it being my first auto, its very easy to use and drive though i have to admit, is a little noisy, but the comfortable ride in my opinion compensates for the engine noise. The fuel consumption is also very good! I would definitely go for it. What colour are you thinking?

guest7494

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 06:25:52 PM »
Dear Club,

I am new to this and am in the market for a small auto.

I have been considering a 2016 Jazz CVT in the EX or EX Navi Spec as I like what the car comes with.

I would be ever so grateful if you guys could share your thoughts on the car (ride, quality, reliability, noise) and what I should look out for when buying. I only want to buy the car from a Honda dealer though and don’t know if the Mk2 is more reliable than the Mk3.

I want a car that will be cheap to run, reliable and wont cost much in servicing/ gearbox oil changes.

We do own a 2008 civic which has been okay (with some issues back in the past).

p.s I am also debating if I should look at a yaris hybrid or not……

Really appreciate your opinions.

Regards,

Akhil.

Super little car so easy to drive and park, this is our third Jazz and over the years, we have been very happy with them all, usual things like wiper blades brake pads etc etc but-no worries otherwise.
Wish you luck and hope you are happy with your purchase.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 06:29:42 PM »
As with all vehicle purchases personal preference is key, I would drive both cars over roads you are familiar with for 30-40 mins , see which you prefer for comfort and how the car feels.
Take a good look at each car carefully as used vehicles are now prepared for sale based upon more polish = profit
Ask to see the service history, look at the tyres wheels for wear damage if you like one in particular dont be too keen -bargain hard.
If buying used then you can push for a good deal, sales are way down at present, get the details of each car mileage reg etc enter on the Autotrader website as a vehicle you own you then have a £ guide . If less than 6 month MOT ask for full 12 months plus full tank of fuel etc etc

Tags:

anything