Author Topic: Honda 2015 F1 Season  (Read 26373 times)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Honda 2015 F1 Season
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 01:48:24 PM »
From another forum (non car)

"Honda have confirmed they have fixed the basic problems with the engine recharging and deploying electrical power, they just need to test it on track now for reliability.

So that's the main engine issue fixed, if it proves to be reliable at testing 66/1 and 150/1 on Alonso and Button respectively looks very generous. I've been told fixing the recharging and deployment issue will bring 2s per lap of performance gains on power tracks and around 1s per lap on aero tracks. Obviously we are going to have to wait and see what kind of aero improvements they make. Depending on what improvements Merc and Ferrari make it McLaren could be in for a decent season. "

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/01/13/a-reminder-that-national-nomination-polls-at-this-stage-in-white-house-races-have-to-be-treated-with-caution/#vanilla-comments

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »
I think Honda rushed the engine last season and were testing and developing it as they went along.

Hopefully they would had more time this time round to do things "properly" as having the likes of Alonso and Button on the payroll wont be cheap

Fingers crossed they'll have a better, more competitive season  8)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 10:21:35 PM »
I read that Mclaren designers had not allowed enough space for Honda powerplant so that Honda had to downsize everything to fit in and in doing so lost performance. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2016, 10:23:46 AM »
I read that Mclaren designers had not allowed enough space for Honda powerplant so that Honda had to downsize everything to fit in and in doing so lost performance.

Yeah, Honda had to shoehorn the engine into the space as the design of the car had been done or something like that

jasonevans

• Approved Member
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz 1.3 SE Auto in Orange :-)
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2016, 11:41:07 AM »
Well it can't be any worse than last year surely.  :o

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2016, 06:46:25 PM »
It will be worse than last year.

Honda are lots of seconds a lap behind.. and their competitors have proven faster designs and will not stand still. Honda has a new design untested in racing..

Their approach is amateurish in the extreme. (They cut investment in F1 to fund their hydrogen fuelled car)

Tags: