Author Topic: Advice please - considering Jazz 1.4 EX  (Read 2691 times)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Advice please - considering Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 06:24:30 PM »
4 matching tyres gives you an indication of the attitude of previous owners, personally I always go for original tyres,

It's nice to see good quality tyres in axle pairs, but it wouldn't make me rule a car out if it's otherwise good.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 09:45:37 AM »
Hi.
With regards to insurance probably just easier to give you insurer a quick ring and ask them what it would cost to transfer it over to a  new model.
Each individual insurer have their own terms regarding previously written off vehicles. Most of insurance insurance schemes have no issues with them as long as they have been correctly repaired etc.
Regards,
Dan.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 11:27:27 AM »
Why not drive a couple of Jazz's from the era your looking at, then go along to your local auction to check the condition of these trade cars.
The CVT box is great for town driving never had an issue over 6 Jazz covering 17 years we used to own 2 in the household.
Always have a HPI Experian check on the car before you haggle the £.
UK dealerships are frantically unloading current Jazz stock with special deals this month, look around for older models at their trade outlets.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 12:44:18 PM »
There seem to be a few up for sale that are cat S or N - should we avoid them, or is it not a problem?

There's nothing wrong with a repaired insurance write off, so long as any structural damage has been repaired properly. Personally, I would like to see the car before it is repaired, or at least some photographic documentation of the damage and repairs. It helps if you know what you are looking at, as there are plenty of ex write offs out there that are bodged up for resale.

BUT, and it's a big but, you have to bear in mind that these cars are worth considerably less than an unrepaired example. The old rule of thumb used to be that the trade value was halved, but these days they can easily go for 75% and more.

Most insurers have no problem insuring previously written off vehicles, but the insured value will be lower if you are unfortunate enough to write the vehicle off again. A small number of insurers will decline to offer insurance, which may narrow your choice of insurer.

Other half has just swapped from a 2008 mk1 to a 2015 mk2, the premium increase was negligible. A car that is new to you will always cost a bit more to insure, even if it is identical - most insurers reduce the premium slightly the longer you have owned a car. I would guess that the base premium is around the same for both cars, it may even turn out to be a little lower for the newer car, in the long run.

Tags:

anything