Author Topic: Lost holiday  (Read 1152 times)

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Lost holiday
« on: July 05, 2020, 07:41:58 PM »
Sat watching a rerun of the Durrell's and it makes me want to be on a Greek island enjoying the sunshine, good food and pleasant company.
Oh for next year. Perhaps we may be able to have a staycation if we can get in somewhere.
Oh well.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:44:56 PM by trebor1652 »

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: Lost holiday
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 08:00:39 PM »
You could stay with Boris's dad, he has a mountain top villa in Greece.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 10:28:54 PM »
We would have been up in Orkney in a few weeks, but it's cancelled. Rebooked for next year.

trebor1652

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »
We also had a break to the Isle of Man cancelled at the beginning of the of the lockdown. Hope to rebook for next year.
What is more worrying is the concert in September that was booked and paid for 12 months ago, not feeling too hopeful about that going ahead.
If it is cancelled I wonder how long I will have to wait for a refund???
Time will tell.

Basil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 S Mk2 - GG5 & 1.5 Sport Mk3 - GK5
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 03:52:11 PM »
We would have returned home in the early hours of this morning after two weeks in Cyprus, we were going to attend a wedding but that has been postponed until June 2021.

We're also due to go to Fuerteventura in November, it's not been cancelled but we wouldn't have booked it if we'd realised what was going to happen.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 07:33:19 PM »
Today I had a trip over to my mother-in-law's just off the Sheriffhall roundabout. This roundabout is where traffic from the A7 A68 and A1 all merge. On my way home the traffic was back to usual summer Saturday proportions with huge tailbacks on all six approaches. As I headed along the A720, M8, M9, and M90, I noticed that most of the cars that passed me were English. I say English but what I mean is non-Scottish.
I stay on an A road and if I stand at the kerb 95% of the vehicles that pass are Scottish registered, but today 85% of the traffic passing on the trunk routes was non-Scottish. It would appear that Boris and Nicola's advice to have a staycation is working. Visit Scotland. We are open.

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »
We were on the A1 yesterday heading South and had a fairly good run but the traffic going North was horrendous. It looks like people are going to Scotland on staycations probably due to the low risk.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »
It will be interesting to see what happens if Covid-19 cases in Scotland start to increase after the influx of people from south of the border https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-53380900 .
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 04:44:21 PM »
It will be interesting to see what happens if Covid-19 cases in Scotland start to increase after the influx of people from south of the border https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-53380900 .

"Interesting" would not be the word I would use unless in the sense "we live in interesting times"
Hopefully the visitors will learn something from their visit.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/08/we-mess-with-this-virus-at-our-peril-sturgeon-urges-caution-as-covid-19-deaths-fall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52009463
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53166816

"The World Health Organisation (WHO) says that one measure which can indicate whether an epidemic is under control is whether, with a comprehensive testing system, less than 5% of samples return a positive for Covid-19 over two weeks.
The last time this was above 5% in Scotland was in May. It has been below 1% since 3 June. "

And a view from America
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/world/europe/coroanvirus-scotland-england.html?fbclid=IwAR1oWv5mfali6HA-RncGekVYqq6tnAkSvTA0jI7heOHCxRkwjUWRuY7yD2Q

Edit Inserted quote from WHO
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 07:34:37 PM by JimSh »

trebor1652

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 04:51:42 PM »
We also had a break to the Isle of Man cancelled at the beginning of the of the lockdown. Hope to rebook for next year.
What is more worrying is the concert in September that was booked and paid for 12 months ago, not feeling too hopeful about that going ahead.
If it is cancelled I wonder how long I will have to wait for a refund???
Time will tell.

Well had notification that the concert is rescheduled to October 9th 2021.
What a wait.

Tags: