Author Topic: rear seatbelt warning on screen when opening rear doors  (Read 2456 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
rear seatbelt warning on screen when opening rear doors
« on: March 10, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
is there anyway to stop the display screen on the dash not going to the rear seatbelts screen when you just open the rear doors?

thanks

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: rear seatbelt warning on screen when opening rear doors
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:04:52 AM »
My one only has a seatbelt warning for the driver's seat.  All 4 doors will indicate when open, with a graphic to tell you which one.  Does yours show seatbelt for all 4 seats?

On my wife's car (not a Jazz) there is a connector under the back seats, and if you disconnect this, then the rear seatbelt sign does not show if there is someone sitting there unbuckled.   It is a requirement that all passengers have their seat belts done up and if you get stopped in a roadblock, then the driver is in trouble of the policeman sees this.
If music be the food of love, play on

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »
My one only has a seatbelt warning for the driver's seat.  All 4 doors will indicate when open, with a graphic to tell you which one.  Does yours show seatbelt for all 4 seats?

On my wife's car (not a Jazz) there is a connector under the back seats, and if you disconnect this, then the rear seatbelt sign does not show if there is someone sitting there unbuckled.   It is a requirement that all passengers have their seat belts done up and if you get stopped in a roadblock, then the driver is in trouble of the policeman sees this.

Interesting ref seatbelts...Here in the UK it is responsibility of each passenger over the age of 14 to ensure they wear their seatbelt.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
We are trying hard to become a nanny state here, so this rule was invented.  Seeing 70% of the road fatalities are from drunk pedestrians, it makes sense don't you think?
If music be the food of love, play on

guest1232

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
On mine the warning disappears soon after you start to move even if they haven't buckled up.

Tags:

anything