Author Topic: A long drive in the Jazz  (Read 1782 times)

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
A long drive in the Jazz
« on: October 27, 2019, 08:22:27 PM »
Been away for a few days visiting family up north - Lytham St Annes and then across to Halifax on the way home today.

The Jazz has been ace - cruising at 70mph at 3.5 k without issue, returning 49.9 mpg which I think is pretty good.

Again the LED headlights have really proved their worth and my dad is now thinking about getting some for his little Peugeot 108 as he was very impressed,  sat in the front passenger seat when we went out for dinner to a country pub ( Farmers Arms at Great Eccelston - very good food indeed) which involved some unlit country roads.

The more I drive this little Honda, the more it underlines the fact that it really is great value for money.

Steve

michaelC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk2 2013
Re: A long drive in the Jazz
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 09:50:04 PM »
Agree, i love my Honda Jazz.  Been driving for 1-2hrs along the M25 recently to visit some nice spots.
Getting 45-50mpg cruising at 70mph like you, and enjoying the ride.
Love how the acceleration is sufficient to be safe.  Wasn't expecting it to be a pocket rocket at all, but it's nice.  The automatic downshift to accelerate to the overtaking lane is also great.

JRHPNG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 Honda Jazz Sport 1.5 (The Hondarari)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 10:50:29 PM »
Been away for a few days visiting family up north - Lytham St Annes and then across to Halifax on the way home today.

The Jazz has been ace - cruising at 70mph at 3.5 k without issue, returning 49.9 mpg which I think is pretty good.

Again the LED headlights have really proved their worth and my dad is now thinking about getting some for his little Peugeot 108 as he was very impressed,  sat in the front passenger seat when we went out for dinner to a country pub ( Farmers Arms at Great Eccelston - very good food indeed) which involved some unlit country roads.

The more I drive this little Honda, the more it underlines the fact that it really is great value for money.

Steve

Hi, do you have a link for the LED lights?
You only live once - Enjoy your life...

Steve1962

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 08:50:22 AM »

Steve

Hi,
I got them from these guys......https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/ , after reading the review that Culzean did after he got some for his car.
I've now also fitted them to our other car, a 2014 Suzuki SX4.
Speak to Duncan at Classiccarleds - he will sort out what you need.
Thanks.
Steve

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 09:21:08 AM »
+ 1 more vote for classicarleds , most helpful

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 09:33:46 AM »
Hi

Plus 1 from me

If you search the forums, you will see where I included pictures

Many thanks

John

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 09:38:05 AM »

Read this thread..... ( will take days ) it has pictures from d2d4j  and several videos.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8738.msg75396#msg75396

If these are sold out ( sometimes they are )  email Duncan      sales@classiccarleds.co.uk
 and he will tell you whats happening - they were £70 a pair when i got mine but now £58 ( in spite of Brexit ) - make sure you get the 6000K white ones as link below....

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/latest-led-headlights-h4-philips-z-es-hi-lo-beam-conversion-9-32v?variant=8239030763615
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:57:03 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7494

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 02:41:19 PM »
 The price stated is not VAT inclusive. so be aware

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »
The price stated is not VAT inclusive. so be aware

Good call....

That is why they appeared cheaper, they always used to include VAT,  maybe they get a lot of overseas customers now.

At least you still get free first class Royal Mail delivery in UK
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:28:16 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 04:51:04 PM »
I find the standard lights perfectly OK.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 05:16:16 PM »
I find the lights on Civic better,  when you put main beam on the dips stay on ( 4 headlights H1 and H7 bulbs ) - couldn't happen on Jazz with H4 bulbs and only 2 headlights though - ( but maybe it could with LED bulbs as both the heat and current draw are much lower ?)   I only fitted LED bulbs in dip on Civic as they are on much more time than main,  and if a main beam bulb blows at least you still have dip lit up on that side of the car, even with main on. 

Tags: