Author Topic: Door mirror will not fold.  (Read 4960 times)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Door mirror will not fold.
« on: August 27, 2019, 03:54:22 PM »
I noticed today that my left hand door mirror will not fold, the right hand one does. The other functions in the faulty mirror work,i.e; the indicator and mirror adjustment.
I looked in the handbook for a fuse number but there are none listed for folding mirrors.
I tried following the handbook instructions regarding accessing the interior fuses but didn't get anywhere. I could see the label with the fuse list on although how you are supposed to read it I can't imagine.
 Any ideas anyone?

Vic.

jazzavac

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz HS Hybrid
Re: Door mirror will not fold.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 08:31:08 AM »
I have checked user manual for my Hybrid and there is no mention of door mirror, except "heated door mirror".

I would suggest to you to check all fuses which you are not sure what is their exact purpose.
Saying that, in previous generation power mirror shared fuse with AC clutch and some other devices, so fuse labels may not be enough to find correct fuse.

I am not car electric expert, so this is just an idea.
Because both mirrors use the same switch, and especially if all other electric works as it should, I very doubt that the problem is with fuse.

It looks like loose contact somewhere or failed electric motor in the mirror.

Also, you can check this thread: https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=4896.0

VicW

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 03:31:23 PM »
Thanks for that. I have located the interior fuse box but you need to be a contortionist to get at it. I'll get my son to have a look when he is available, it used to be his business.
Changing door mirrors is a right buggers muddle because of different specifications such as facilities and plug ends etc,
When I had the right hand mirror written off by an over eager m/cyclist it cost me £300 from Honda but came in the right colour.

Vic.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 05:55:47 PM »
Maybe stating the bloody obvious, is the mirror correctly seated?
I have had car washes knock the door mirror out of alignment and need to be clicked back in to place and the door mirrors don't fold until it has been sorted.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 06:30:09 PM »
2nd Ozzie point re the mirror has been knocked out of alignment -
suggest may just require a pull back from rear to the front of the Jazz.

VicW

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 07:08:42 PM »
The mirror is correctly positioned so has not been knocked out of alignment. It is firmly in place which they are not if they have been knocked.
Thanks anyway.

Vic.

Tags:

anything